Visa and Entry Requirements
A valid passport and onward ticket is required for travel to South Africa. It is best to check with your travel agent or a South African embassy in your country with regards to visa requirements. The following information concerning visa and entry requirements for South Africa has been obtained from the South African Department of Home Affairs and may assist with some of the basic information.
Who is Exempt
A list of passport/document holders who are exempt from visas for South Africa can be found on the department of home affairs website.
- At the South African diplomatic or consular representative in the applicants country of normal residence, which includes permanent residence and long-term temporary residence.
- At the South African diplomatic or consular representative in the country of which the applicant validly holds a valid passport.
- At the designated South African diplomatic or consular representative when a mission is not present in the applicant's country of residence.
- Visas CANNOT be applied for at the South African ports of entry.
- Any person requiring a LETTER OF INVITATION to attend the conference should contact:
It is also possible to contact the Department of Foreign Affairs in South Africa for further information:
Tel: +27 12 351 1000