IEEE S.F. Bay Area Council e-GRID's
BayAreaTech

Technology & Networking in Silicon Valley & the SF Bay Area: Upcoming Meetings, Courses and Conferences

January 21, 2011

Mtg: Renewable Energies — PV Solar Cogeneration

by @ 7:11 pm. Filed under ALL, Electrical/Power, Electronics Design, Optics/Displays
 

WEDNESDAY February 23, 2011
OEB Power & Energy Chapter
Speaker: Ratson Morad, COO & VP of research & development, Cogenra Solar
Time: Social/Snacks/Drinks/Desert at 5:30 PM; Presentation at 6:10 PM
Cost: none
Place: EATON Cutler-Hammer, 20923 Cabot Blvd., Hayward
RSVP: Required, by email, to Henry Chan, Henry@edesignc.com
Web: www.e-grid.net/docs/1102-oeb-pes.pdf

Despite recent advances, standard photovoltaic (PV) technology only captures roughly 15-20 percent of the sunâ??s energy, allowing the remaining 80 percent to dissipate in the form of wasted heat.? Tapping into this lost resource, Cogenra Solarâ??s solar cogeneration technology captures up to 75 percent of the sunâ??s incident energy by combining solar PV and solar hot water (SHW) technologies in a single array.? Producing both electricity and hot water, solar cogeneration is the most efficient and environmentally beneficial solar energy solution available, with five times the energy output, three times the GHG reduction (both gridrelated and boiler-related local emissions, e.g. NOx & VOC) and twice the financial savings compared to traditional solar panels.? Furthermore, the process of capturing excess heat improves the lifespan, efficiency and performance of the solar cells.

Comments are closed.

[IEEE S.F. Bay Area Council - www.e-grid.net] [powered by WordPress .]

SF Bay Area Council

Categories

  • 5G (2)
  • ALL (4,702)
  • Antennas & Propagation (5)
  • BioEngineering (675)
  • Blogroll (33)
  • Circuits (16)
  • Communications (1,862)
  • Computers/Software (1,777)
  • Consumer Electronics (103)
  • Control Systems (23)
  • Electrical/Power (1,284)
  • Electronics Design (2,774)
  • Employment (4)
  • Employment opportunities (7)
  • Engineering Mgmt (1,819)
  • Green energy (48)
  • History (7)
  • Industrial Applications (91)
  • Information Theory (13)
  • Instrument and Measurement (1)
  • Magnetics (30)
  • Microwave (8)
  • NanoEngineering (876)
  • Optics/Displays (969)
  • Photonics (31)
  • PhotoVoltaics (4)
  • Product Safety (25)
  • Reliability (37)
  • Robotics and Automation (19)
  • Semiconductors (1,847)
  • Signal Processing (138)
  • Vehicular Technology (16)
  • Women in Engineering (8)
  • Young Professionals (5)
  •  

    Support our advertisers:

    Visit our
    GRID MARKETPLACE

    Enabling Javascript allows us to show you upcoming conferences in this column.

    For the Firefox browser, select Tools/Options/Content and select "Enable Javascript".

    If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer you may need to click on the yellow bar above and select 'Allow Blocked Content'. You must then click 'Yes' on the following security warning.

    archives:

    September 2019
    S M T W T F S
    « May    
    1234567
    891011121314
    15161718192021
    22232425262728
    2930  

    View in Google Calendar

    search blog:


    SUBSCRIBE: Get the e-GRID twice a month by email - upcoming IEEE SF Bay Area meetings, conferences.

    RSS Feed Subscribe to our RSS Feed.

    PUBLICIZE your event to IEEE's membership.


    general links:

    22 queries. 0.413 seconds