The E-Grid is owned by the IEEE San Francisco Bay Area Council. The volunteer members are listed below in the IEEE Benefits and Information column.
The e-Grid is also online at http://ewh.ieee.org/council/sfba/index.html. For all conferences and chapter events in calendar form, see Google Calendar. Have a mobile device? See the BayAreaTech blog for a searchable database of events
UPCOMING CONFERENCES, PROFESSIONAL COURSES, AND CALL FOR PAPERS
Please see individual ads lower in the E-Grid for more information.
ISQED, International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED), March 14-15, Santa Clara
Electronic design focused on security, IoT and cyber-physical systems. See ad below for ISQED
IoT Summit Internet of Things, March 16-17, 2017, Santa Clara
IoT from cyberspace, home, to health care. See ad below for IoT
TechIgnite, A Rock Star Technology Event, March 21 - 22, Burlingame
AI, big data, deep learning, cybersecurity. See ad below for TechIgnite
International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS) April 2-6, Monterey
Complete microelectronics reliability. See ad below for IRPS
Actualization of the Internet of Things, April 17-19, Monterey
ALL the technologies needed to build the IOT. See ad before for Actualization of the Internet of Things
IEEE Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering (ISPCE), May 8-10, 2017, San Jose
Product safety and compliance engineering. See ad below for ISPCE
IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference, May 22-23, San Jose
Confernce for women and men focused on entrepreneurship, disruptive technologies, innovation, and leadership. Understand why women need to be part of the equation. See ad below for WIE ILC
TEMSCON, June 8-10, 2017, Silicon Valley (Santa Clara Valley)
Moving Technical Idea to Market.
Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, October 29 - November 1, 2017, Monterey
Signals, systems, biomedical, imaging, and architechure.
Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), October 19 - 22, San Jose
Innovation, deployment and adaptation of Technology for Humanitarian Goals and Sustainable Development.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Due on or before May 1, 2017
See ad below for Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers
Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), Papers due on or before April 7th.
See ad below for GHTC
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley
Advanced software courses for professional engineers. See ad below for UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
Certificate in Renewable Energy or Frugal Innovation. See ad below for Santa Clara University
MEAD UC Santa Cruz
Advanced software courses for professional engineers. See ad below for MEAD Education
QUICK TURN ENGINEERING SERVICES
High-precision product design, procedural development, and fabrication. See ad below for InteliTek
Enjoy reading Dilbert below, at the end of the e-Grid.
For more detailed information on these chapter events, please view the Quick Reference Calendar|
OEB-YP - 2/25 | INNOVATE East Bay 2017
- connections to the network of resources, knowledge, and experiences to be a more effective innovator, launch your business, and strengthen the community of innovation in the East Bay...
(CSU East Bay, Hayward, 10:00 am)
SCV-PSES - 2/28 | The Growing Concerns with Environmental Compliance Requirements and the Impact to Electronics
- how to release new products and comply with applicable environmental regulations, WEEE, RoHS, REACH and some of the key emerging environmental requirements around the world...
(Santa Clara County, 6:30 pm)
SCV-CES-NANO - 2/28 |Set-Top Box - Architectural Trend Towards Smaller, Faster, Cheaper
- A conversation about the market dynamics and system architectural trends towards a smaller, faster, and cheaper STB solution. A comparison of different STB types and key features that drives STB design trends ...
(NVIDIA, Santa Clara, 6:30 pm)
SCV-CS - 2/28 |Transforming Nanodevices into Nanosystems: The N3XT 1,000X
- recent advances across the computing stack, deliver unprecedented performance and energy efficiency, transforming scientifically-interesting nanomaterials and nanodevices into actual nanosystems ...
(Cadence, San Jose, 6:30 pm)
SCV-REL-CPMT - 3/2 |Data Analytics-Propelled Reliability Engineering
- Parametric measurements and Machine Learning provide tools to propel reliability decision making to the next level in all phases of the product life cycle ...
(Google, Mountain View, 6:00 pm)
SCV-TEMS - 3/2 | Applying Agile Beyond Software
- accelerating product delivery, customer value, tangible products ...
(AMD, Sunnyvale, 6:00 pm)
SCV-PHOTS - 3/7 | Saving Energy in Information Processing and Communications with Attojoule Optoelectronics and Optics
- address issues of interconnect energy and density, goal is to reduce total energy for communication ...
(Intel, Santa Clara, 5:30 pm)
SCV-CPMT - 3/8 | Intel Silicon Photonics: From Research to Product
- revolutionize the data center, performance benefits of optical communication and manufacturing capability of silicon CMOS to enable, 100G optical transceivers for data communications applications ...
(TI, Santa Clara, 11:30 am)
SCV-COMSOC - 3/8 | Low Power Wakeup Radios: Technology & Standards
-facilitate low-power wireless communication, particularly in IoT, enabling an on-demand and asynchronous wake-up mode of operation, reduces power consumption without sacrificing the latency performance ...
(TI, Santa Clara, 6:30 pm)
SCV-CNSV - 3/14 |Is it a Smart Product, a Connected Product or an IoT Product?
- learn about how the "x-factor" in IoT is creating incremental value, why some products fail yet others succeed - sometimes massively - and cut through the confusion in IoT terms...
(NVIDIA Corp., Santa Clara, 7:00 pm)
SFBA - 3/14 | Pi Day
- a mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, commonly approximated as 3.14159, cherry, apple, blueberry, Albert Einstein's birthday ...
(everywhere, all day)
OEB-LMAG - 3/15 | Stock Market Trading Strategies Part 2
- update of a previous talk, 5% profit in a few days, Stocks are found by using 10+ custom trading algorithms, how to set the parameters ...
(Beeb's Sports Bar & Grill, Livermore, 11:00 am)
SF-PES - 3/15 | Distributed Energy Resources: A Transmission Perspective
- how the transmission landscape was, how DERs are changing the way we have to think about the grid, and some future considerations ...
(San Francisco, 11:45 am)
OEB-IAS - 3/16 | Current Transformer: Attributes, Selection Criteria and Performance Characteristics
- transforms power system currents to usable voltage levels, can experience abnormal system conditions that adversely impact, knee-point voltage, with respect to CT performance ...
(Zio Fraedos, Pleasant Hill, 5:30 pm)
SCV-HIST - 3/20 | The Other Women of ENIAC: Rethinking IT Innovation
- Operations work and the labor of non-geniuses has been mostly written out of the history of innovation, but without it no computer would be useful. Information historian Thomas Haigh has written it back in!..
(KeyPoint Credit Union, Santa Clara, 6:00 pm)
SFBA-NANO - 3/21 | STT-MRAM: Spin Torque Transfer Magneto-Resistive Random Access Memory
- For data storage, offers advantages in speed, power efficiency, cost, reliability, and scalability. ...
(TI, Santa Clara, 11:30 am)
SCV-SPS - 3/23 | Deep Learning in Siri
- Accented speech, addressed by training deep neural networks and convolutional neural networks with various sources of data properly weighted, making Siri's voices more natural, smoother ...
(AMD Sunnyvale, 6:30 pm)
SCV-CPMT-TEMS-VT - 3/24 | Developing Technology for Autonomous Vehicles and Electric Cars: The Next Platform
- half-day Workshop: automotive environment, materials, packaging, devices, 5G, LIDAR, RADAR ...
(TI, Santa Clara, 12:30 pm)
SCV-SPS - 4/6 | New Immersive and Object-based Multichannel Audio Formats for Cinema, Entertainment and Cinematic VR
- new formats and tools for immersive audio content, support three-dimensional (with height) sound field encoding, along with optional audio object channels, virtual reality applications...
(AMD Sunnyvale, 6:30 pm)
SCV-APS - 4/6 | Horizontally Polarized Antennas for Microwave Bands using a Waveguide Structure with an Array of Slot Pairs
- how to achieve a truly omnidirectional radiation pattern in the azimuth plane, customary slotted waveguide beacon antennas have poor patterns...
(TI, Santa Clara, 6:30 pm)
SF-PES - 4/19 | Transient Recovery Voltage - Review, Study and Modelling
- preliminary insight into Transient Recovery Voltage (TRV) basics, what, why, Short circuit current, circuit breakers, Terminal fault, Short line fault, Load switching, Applicable standards ...
(SF, 11:45 am)
51st Annual Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers at the Asilomar Hotel and Conference Grounds, Pacific Grove, on October 29 - November 1, 2017
Authors are invited to submit papers on or before May 1st, 2017, in the following areas:
* Communications Systems
* MIMO Communications and Signal Processing
* Array Signal Processing
* Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
* Speech, Image and Video Processing
* Architecture and Implementation
* Networks; Signal Processing and Adaptive Systems
For detailed information see Call for Papers
Now in San Jose. Paper submission due April 7th.
Now in its 7th year, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) is the flagship IEEE Conference focusing on innovation, deployment and adaptation of Technology for Humanitarian Goals and Sustainable Development.
Key focus areas that are particularly relevant include (but are not limited to):
* Poverty Alleviation * Clean Water & Sanitation
* Healthcare * Connectivity & Communication
* Agriculture & Food Security * Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities
* Quality Education * Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
* Affordable & Clean Energy * Other United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Please see our website at http://2017.ieeeghtc.org/
The 2017 IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference (WIE ILC) will be held at the San Jose Convention Center on 22-23 May 2017, offering career skills for both women and men.
Over 1,500 senior, science and technology leaders will come together to create communities that fuel innovation, facilitate knowledge sharing and provide support.
With a theme of Lead Beyond. Accelerating Innovative Women Who Change the World, the conference will focus on
* Disruptive Technology
Don't miss this opportunity to network with peers (over 90% attendees are professionals), connect with disruptive technology (electrical & computing engineering blending hardware and software) and grow professional leadership skills. Use this special 10% discount (ILC2017EGRID) to register today!
Welcome to the International Conference of the IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society , TEMSCON, which will be at the Santa Clara Convention Center on June 8-10.
TEMSCON provides the concepts, theories, and best practices in the field of technology management which addresses the methodologies required to move technical ideas to market. It involves innovation, engineering management, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, and people, for IT, Internet, IoT, Biotech, healthcare, and social media.
TEMSCON includes an Industry Forum session with senior Industry speakers presenting their visions, directions and challenges in technology management in today’s modern companies. There are also educational programs for students and young professionals as well as an Editor’s Panel. For more information on TEMSCON, see http://temscon.org/
Advanced Engineering Courses 2017 at UC Santa Cruz
Courses are organized by MEAD Microelectronics and held at UC Santa Cruz from March 27-31, 2017
* Advanced Analog and Mixed-Signal Design
Noise coupling, ESD &EMC, sensor interfaces, circuit design
* Continuous-Time Delta-Sigma Design
Basics, modulators, dynamic element matching, VCO-based circuit nonlinearities
* Power Management
Converters, regulators, energy harvesting
Deadline for registration: February 20, 2017
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
Engineering with a Mission
Open University is for those engineers who wish to update their skills or learn new technologies without pursuing a specific degree may enroll in the School of Engineering for this upcoming Winter 2017 quarter (January 9, 2017) or you may consider applying to our most recent Certificate in Renewable Energy or Frugal Innovation. The intent is to help equip professionals in Silicon Valley with the knowledge that will help them advance in their present career. To obtain more information please contact Stacey Tinker at email@example.com or call 408-554-4313.
Enhance your skill set with these UPCOMING CLASSES for Working Engineers
Browse the full course listing at www.ucsc-extension.edu/engineering
JUnit Test Framework
Starts Friday, February 17
Building E-Commerce Websites with Wordpress
Starts Tuesday, February 21
Web Technologies, Introduction
Starts Wednesday, March 01
Linux Based Web Application Development - Apache, MySQL, PHP
Starts Tuesday, March 14
Starts Tuesday, March 14
Relational Database Design and SQL Programming
Starts Tuesday, March 14
Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
Starts Tuesday, March 14
HTML5: The Living Language
Starts Tuesday, March 14
Java Programming, Comprehensive
Starts Tuesday, March 14
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension - Engineering Classes
We are located at 3175 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, near the Great America Parkway / Bowers exit off Hwy 101.
Do you need unique, out-of-the box engineering solutions quickly?
Quick-turn high-precision product design, procedural development, and fabrication of parts for testing, developing concepts, tools, and fixturing devices. InteliTek can design and manufacture parts involving very complex geometry, up to 40"L x 20"W x 45"H and can meet tolerances verified to ISO standards of up to .0005".
Partners in: * Materials include:
* CAD design * Aluminum
* Aeronautics * Stainless Steel
* Automotive *Titanium
* Infrared * Copper
* Medical * Brass
* Prototyping * Multiple types of Plastics
Please see InteliTek, and contact Sandra Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 650-299-9365.
WRITING / MARKET RESEARCH SERVICES OFFERED
Looking for contract writing and market research projects. High energy, results oriented, driven, and passionate about what I do. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, html / DreamWeaver, and Telemagic, a database program. Core competencies include:
* Market research * New product development * Product positioning * Writer
* Analytics / forecasting * Competitive analysis * Revenue, unit, and pricing analysis
* Strategic decision maker * Product promotion * Event facilitator / leader
* Editor (IEEE Newsletter) * Sales of ad space / Create Ads * Public speaker
LinkedIn Sandra Winkler, email@example.com
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE E-GRID
Would you like a boost in SF Bay Area publicity (especially here in Silicon Valley), for higher awareness and attendance of your conference or courses? We have 32,500+ technical subscribers in the SF Bay Area.
Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area include:
* Antenna and Propagation * Circuits & Systems * Computer * Consultant's Network Affinity Group * Communications * Consumer Electronics * Control Systems * Components, IC Packaging, and Manufacturing Technologies * Engineering In Medicine & Biology * Electromagnetic Compatibility * Industry Applications * Instrumentation & Measurement * Life Members Affinity Group * Magnetics * MEMS & Sensors Council * Microwave Theory & Techniques * Nanotechnology Council * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences * Photonics * PhotoVoltaics * Power & Energy & Industry Applications * Product Safety Engineering * Reliability * Robotics & Automation * Signal Processing * Solid State Circuits * Technology and Engineering Management * Women In Engineering Affinity Group * Young Professionals Affinity Group
Does your company have engineering positions open? Advertise these positions in the E-Grid!
Contact Sandra Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org
IEEE Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering, Holiday Inn San Jose on May 8-10, 2017
The IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society (ISPCE) will be hosting a symposium featuring presentations and formal papers on all aspects of product safety and compliance engineering including, but not limited to:
* Global Market Access & Regulations * Hazard Based Safety Engineering & Safety Science * Compliance * Forensics, Failure & Risk Analysis, Assessment & Management * Management * Legal, Regulations, Directives & Consumer Protection * EMC & Wireless Compliance * Emerging Technologies & Innovations * Environmental & Energy Regulations * Batteries & Energy Storage Systems * Medical Devices * Compliance 101
ISPCE 2017 2017.psessymposium.org/
Actualization of the Internet of Things This conference is sponsored by the Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics, American Physical Society.
Plan to participate at the beautiful Marriott Hotel in spectacular Monterey on April 17-19, 2017
Actualization of the Internet of Things is a cross-disciplinary meeting which brings together ALL the technologies needed to build the IOT including:
* Internet to reality integration * Physical actuation
* Ubiquitous networks and big data * Novel sensors
* Biometric application * State of the art modeling
* Flexible electronics
The Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics welcomes the participation of scientists and engineers from across the technological spectrum (EE, ME, AE, etc.) to engender the innovation necessary to build the IoT
The IoT is transforming how computers, machines, and people interact, and will unlease new economic opportunities and industrial capabilities not yet imagined.
Join us and help to push the IoT into the next half-century
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Click here to register
SPACE IS LIMITED, DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
Join the Internet of Things revolution! Attend the IoT Summit 2017
Select talks involve:
* IoT Cyberspace
* IoT in Home Innovation
* Delivering Connected World Benefits
* IoT and Healthcare
* Evolution and Future of Voice Technology
March 16-17, 2017, Great America ballroom, Santa Clara Convention Center, www.sensorscon.org, IoT Summit
For a $100 discount, use the code IOTGRID..
The 18th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design ISQED 2017 is the premier interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary Electronic Design conference - bridges the gap among Electronic/Semiconductor ecosystem members providing electronic design tools, integrated circuit technologies, semiconductor technology, packaging, assembly & test to achieve total design quality.
With a theme of Security, IoT and Cyber-Physical systems, the conference will feature nearly 100 papers highlighting the latest trends in electronic circuit and system design & automation, test, verification, and semiconductor technologies
ISQED is being held in Santa Clara on March 14 - 15, 2017.
Attend TechIgnite, a Rock Start Technology Event, on March 21 - 22, in Burlingame.
Top speakers will be discussing
* Artificial Intelligence and Big Data * Big Data * Augmented Reality
* Quantum Computing * IoT * Machine Learning / Deep Learning * Adaptive Cybersecurity
Listen to talks such as Winning the Battle with Cyberwarfare - Preventing Not Just Defending Cyber Attacks by Homeland Security’s CTO, Peter Fonash, who discusses his battle with cyberwarfare. Other speakers include:
* Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple Computer, Chief Scientist, Primary Data
* Grady Booch, Chief Scientist of Software Engineering, IBM
* John Martinis - Google, Head of Quantum-Hardware Team and Professor of Physics, UC Santa Barbara
* Danny Lange - Head of Machine Learning and AI, Uber
Join us for International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS) 2017, the world's pre-eminent forum for reporting technological breakthroughs in the area of microelectronics reliability.
IRPS 2017 will be held on April 2-6 at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course in Monterey.
Keynote talks are:
* Reflections on the risk of human space exploration - lessons learned from past failures
* System Level Reliability Challenges with Technology Scaling
Conference topics include:
3D 2.5D / 3D / Packaging * Product Reliability * Back-End Dielectrics * Photovoltaics * Circuit Aging / Reliability * Reliability Testing * Electrostatic Discharge * Soft Errors * Failure Analysis * System Reliability * Front-End Dielectrics * Wide Band Gap * Metallization Reliability * Transistor Reliability * Memory Reliability * Transistors - Beyond CMOS * Process Integration
Plesae register at irps.org/
Comics are courtesy of either the San Jose Mercury News or the Daily Journal.
The IEEE E-Grid is owned and proudly published by the SF Bay Area Council. The 2017 Officers are:
Chair: OEB-Section Delegate: Bill DeHope
Treasurer: SCV-Section Delegate: Ed Aoki
Secretary: SF-Section Delegate: Ted Grabowsky
Please see the SF Bay Area Council website at SFBAC for more information on our Bay Area sections, IEEE links, and officer's training slides.
Why join the IEEE? Have access to publications and published papers, join a standards working group, join a chapter or society and have a positive impact on your industry, advance your career with networking opportunities, discounts on insurance, access to Collabratec for job seekers, and more.
Join the Computer History Museum - Half Price for IEEE Members! www.computerhistory.org/
The present rate for IEEE members to become a member of the Computer History Museum is 50% off the regular price. This applies to either the single, family or senior member rate. This special pricing is for IEEE members world-wide, negotiated by your Santa Clara Valley Section. Discounted family membership is $75; General membership is $37.50; for seniors/military, it's $30.
Register online at www.chmdeal.com(have your current membership number available, to get the discount), or call the CHM at 650-810-1010 during the day.
New Exhibition starting on Saturday, January 28th: Make Software: Change the World! Public Opening
The ComSoc Technology Blog
IEEE ComSoc has recently migrated it's technology and market trends blog site to http://techblog.comsoc.org/ The blog features posts and comments about the telecom/networking industry and emphasizes real business status, opportunities, and forecasts from highly respected market research firms. You can read more about it here.
IEEE SENIOR MEMBER ELEVATION
Enjoy the perks of being a Senior in Santa Clara County! For more information, please see ieee-senior-member-oct2016.pdf. Register at Eventbrite. Kris Verma can be reached at email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunity! Enhance STEM Education!
Teaching Opportunities for Partners in Science (TOPS) of the Santa Clara Valley is looking for scientists and engineers who are willing to partner with science teachers to enhance the science curriculums of grades K-8 in the Santa Clara Valley. It's a program that promotes in-depth relationships of a volunteer with a science teacher and his/her class on a weekly basis to amplify labs and class sessions with the scientists' real-world experience.
Here's a chance to make a real difference to students in aiming their education at a career in science or engineering. To find out more, go to www.topsofscv.org
TOPS of SCV Annual All Hands Meeting:
Announcing this year’s meeting of Teaching Opportunities for Partners in Science of Santa Clara Valley on February 25 th at the Saratoga Retirement Community.
Time: 10 am, complimentary lunch will be served.
Featured Speaker: David Taus, Bay Area Director of EnCorps, a leading STEM Education Non-Profit
RSVP to TOPS Coordinator, Steve Mori at firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions will be provided in response to RSVP Saratoga Retirement Community is at 14500 Fruitvale, Saratoga.
Science Fair Judges Needed
Science Fair season is coming up. For over 25 years, the IEEE has provided both prizes and judges for local fairs and we need your help once again. These fairs provide an opportunity for students from middle schools and high schools to show their projects and hear comments from professionals like you. Projects range from the simple to the sophisticated, but behind every project is a student who is anxious to find out what you think about it. As a judge you will interact with students and help them understand what they did right and how they could do better next time.
If you are interested in helping out at one of these fairs, or sponsoring a prize, please call Charlie Neuhauser at (408) 245-0085 (W) or E-mail him at Cneuhauser@Earthlink.net. No previous experience or specialized knowledge is necessary only patience and common sense. You can find out more about the fairs at the following sites:
San Mateo:http://www.stemfair.net/ on Monday, March 6, in the evening
Santa Cruz: http:/www.science.santacruz.k12.ca.us, on Saturday, March 11, from 10 am to 4 pm
Santa Clara: http://www.science-fair.org , on Thursday, March 23, from 10 am to 4 pm
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action
Volunteer to support science education in local schools! Are you a Bay Area professional with a science or engineering
background? You can give interactive science presentations based on pressure, gas behavior, and vacuum technology to
elementary, middle, and high school students. This is your chance to have a little fun, and to amaze and inspire a new
generation of students using equipment that the schools don't have.
If you're willing to make two or more school visits per school year (a few hours each), we will train you and provide the
organization, equipment, and supplies. Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Bright Minds Propelling Better Futures - STEM Professionals Sought for Innovative Teaching Fellowship
* EnCorps offers a selective part time Fellowship designed for engineers and other STEM (Science, Technology, Math, and Science) industry professionals.
* EnCorps recruits, selects, develops, and supports the best and brightest STEM professionals and military veterans to work with under-resourced students in high need communities.
* Established in 2007, by then Governor Schwarzenegger and Sherry Lansing.
* Recently recognized as the recipient of the US2020 National STEM Mentoring Award for Excellence in Volunteer Experience.
For more information concerning our Fellowship and this application cycle, please contact David Taus at email@example.com or visit http://encorps.org
IEEE Milestone Plaque Unveiling on Sunday, March 19: "Demonstration of Online Systems and Personal Computing, 1968", at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, at 6:45 pm.
The video for the Ampex Videotape Recorder Milestone is now on-line. It is about 30 minutes long and includes some of the Milestone Ceremony at Stanford held in June as well as interviews with Pete Hammar and Fred Pfost.
E-GRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the E-Grid at no cost to the e-GRID and receive it twice a month.
These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time. To subscribe your current email address, send a separate email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the BODY of the email:
subscribe e-GRID FirstName LastName
Similarly, to end your subscription, replace "subscribe" with "unsubscribe".
If you have trouble with this, please email me directly at email@example.com.
You will receive an emailed form requesting that you verify your subscription.
Welcome to the Bay Area services provided by the IEEE!
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include a free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum, discounts on insurance, access to a library of information, and an opportunity to be part of s society which is changing the world. Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626
Plan your conference year in advance Conference Round Up
Storage Visions January, Las Vegas |
International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) February, San Francisco
Flexible & Printed Electronics Conference and Exhibition February, Monterey
REAL 2015 - Where the Sensor meets the Maker February, San Francisco
Int'l Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED) March, Santa Clara
Internet of Things (IoT) Summit March, Santa Clara
CIE/USA-SF EPMC Workshop March, San Jose
WearablesTechCon March, Santa Clara
Semi-Therm March, San Jose
IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Signal Integrity (SI) Symposium March, Santa Clara
IEEE One-Day Event: Rock Stars of 3D Printing March, San Jose
4th Annual IEEE Int'l Reliability Innovations Conference March, Sunnyvale
Optical Network & Communication Conference (OFC'15) March, Los Angeles
TechIgnite, A Rock Star Technology event, March, Burlingame
IEEE One-Day Event: Startup Rock Stars March, San Francisco
SNIA Data Storage Innovation Conference April, Santa Clara
GPU Technology Conference April, San Jose
IEEE International Systems Conference (SysCon) April, Vancouver, Canada
Actualization of the Internet of Things, April, Monterey
Ethernet Technology Summit April, Santa Clara Convention Center
International Reliability Physics Symposium April, Monterey
DevelopOps April, Mountain View
CLEO: Laser Science to Photonics Applications May, San Jose Convention Center
FEWA Annual Conference May, San Francisco Bar Association Conference Center
Maker Faire May, San Mateo Event Center
ISPCE, May, San Jose
IEEE MTT International Microwave Symposium (IMS) May, San Francisco
IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference May, San Jose
IEEE-ITherm May - June
The WITI Summit June
Workshop on Civic Technology and Smart Cities, June, San Francisco
IEEE Tech Industry Summit June, Santa Clara, held in conjunction with ISIE2016
TEMSCON, June, Silicon Valley
International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE2016) June, Santa Clara
Industrial Electronics Society Student & Young Professionals (S-YP) Forum June, Santa Clara, held in conjunction with ISIE2016
Sensors Expo & Conference, June, San Jose, McEnery Convention Center |
SME Transforming the Future - IoT, 3D Printing & Robotics Conference, June, Santa Clara Convention Center
Entertainment Technology in the Internet Age: The Race is On! , June, Stanford University
Entertainment Technology in the Connected Age (ETCA) , June, Campbell
ASME 2016 IoT Connect, June, Santa Clara
In-Memory Computing Summit 2015 June, San Francisco
Packaging and Integration of Electronic and Photonic MicroSystems (InterPACK), July, San Francisco
Robotics as a Business, July, San Mateo
Wearables Techcon, July, San Jose Convention Center
SusTech 2015 / 3rd IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability July-Aug, Ogden, Utah
Flash Memory Summit, August, Santa Clara Convention Center
Hot Chips 27-A Symposium on High-Performance Chips , August, Cupertino
Hot Interconnects 23: A Symposium on High Performance Interconnects August, Santa Clara
MIPI DevCon 2016, September, Mountain View's Computer History Museum
Strategic Materials Conference (SMC) , September, Mountain View's Computer History Museum
Interdrone September, Las Vegas, Nevada
Data Summit, September, Santa Clara
RoboBusiness September, San Jose
Berkeley Symposium on Energy Efficient Electronic Systems, October, Berkeley
IEEE SIIT 2015 (Standardization and Innovation in Information Technology), October, Sunnyvale
EPEPS , October, San Jose
Rock Stars of Cybersecurity October, San Jose
Rock Stars of Pervasive, Predictive Analytics, October, Computer History Musuem, Mountain View
IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) October, Seattle, WA
IEEE Rebooting Computing, October, San Diego
2016 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks, November, Palo Alto
IEEE International 3D System Integration (3DIC) Conference 2016, November, San Francisco
Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers November, Pacific Grove
Rock Stars of Tech Startups November, San Francisco
AnDevCon, December, Santa Clara
SDI Summit December, Santa Clara Convention Center
Last updated on
| Nondiscrimination Policy
The two ListServ Dlists are used only for distribution of official information from the SF Bay Area Council, and these lists are not shared with any other organization or made available to others for any purpose.