Please see individual ads lower in the E-Grid for more information.
Upcoming Conferences, Call for Papers, Professional Development Courses, Engineering Services, and Volunteer Opportunities
April 2-6, International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS), Monterey
Complete microelectronics reliability. See ad for IRPS
April 17-19, Actualization of the Internet of Things, Monterey
ALL the technologies needed to build the IOT. See ad for Actualization of the Internet of Things
May 8-10, IEEE Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering (ISPCE), San Jose
Product safety and compliance engineering. See ad for ISPCE
May 22-23, IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference, San Jose
Confernce for women and men focused on entrepreneurship, disruptive technologies, innovation, and leadership. Understand why women need to be part of the equation. See ad for WIE ILC
June 8-10, TEMSCON, Silicon Valley (Santa Clara Valley)
Technical Management and Technical Business with industry and research speakers. In addition there will be a series of expert workshops available to attendees and non-attendees to tune a leaders skills in technical management. See ad for TEMSCON
June 11-13, Women in Technology Summit (WITI), San Jose
For both women and men who want to build their leadership skills and value in the workforce, start their own business, and understand the value of gender parity in the workplace. See ad for WITI
October 29 - November 1, Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Monterey
Signals, systems, biomedical, imaging, and architechure.
October 19-22, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), San Jose
Innovation, deployment and adaptation of Technology for Humanitarian Goals and Sustainable Development.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers due on or before May 1, Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers
See ad for Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers
Papers due on or before April 7, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC)
See ad for GHTC
UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley
Advanced software courses for professional engineers. See ad for UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
Certificate in Renewable Energy or Frugal Innovation. See ad for Santa Clara University
QUICK TURN ENGINEERING SERVICES
High-precision product design, procedural development, and fabrication. See ad for InteliTek
Meetup to create an open source design and hardware device to reverse climate change -
Partner with science teachers of K-8 students - www.topsofscv.org
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
STEM Professionals Sought for Innovative Teaching Fellowship at EnCorps - http://encorps.org
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
Engineering with a Mission
Open University is for those engineers who wish to update their skills or learn new technologies without pursuing a specific degree may enroll in the School of Engineering for this upcoming Spring 2017 quarter starting April 3, 2017 or you may consider applying to our most recent Certificate in Renewable Energy or Frugal Innovation. The intent is to help equip professionals in Silicon Valley with the knowledge that will help them advance in their present career. To obtain more information please contact Stacey Tinker at email@example.com or call 408-554-4313.
Enhance your skill set with these UPCOMING CLASSES for Working Engineers
Browse the full course listing at www.ucsc-extension.edu/engineering
Info Session for Information Technology and Database and Data Analytics
Starts Thursday, March 23
Info Session for Embedded Systems and VLSI Engineering Programs
Starts Monday, March 27
Oracle 12c: Enterprise Architecture and Administration on Linux
Starts Saturday, April 01
Embedded Systems Hardware Architectures, Introduction
Starts Monday, April 03
IO Concepts and Protocols: PCI Express, Ethernet, and Fibre Channel
Starts Monday, April 03
Linux Kernel Architecture and Programming
Starts Monday, April 03
Advanced Verification with SystemVerilog OOP Testbench
Starts Tuesday, April 04
Mobile Payments, e-Commerce Security, and Cryptocurrency
Starts Tuesday, April 04
Embedded Firmware Essentials
Starts Thursday, April 06
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension - Engineering Classes
We are located at 3175 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, near the Great America Parkway / Bowers exit off Hwy 101.
51st Annual Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers at the Asilomar Hotel and Conference Grounds, Pacific Grove, on October 29 - November 1, 2017
Authors are invited to submit papers on or before May 1st, 2017, in the following areas:
* Communications Systems
* MIMO Communications and Signal Processing
* Array Signal Processing
* Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
* Speech, Image and Video Processing
* Architecture and Implementation
* Networks; Signal Processing and Adaptive Systems
For detailed information see Call for Papers
Now in San Jose. Paper submissions due April 7th.
Now in its 7th year, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) is the flagship IEEE Conference focusing on innovation, deployment and adaptation of Technology for Humanitarian Goals and Sustainable Development.
Key focus areas that are particularly relevant include (but are not limited to):
* Poverty Alleviation * Clean Water & Sanitation
* Healthcare * Connectivity & Communication
* Agriculture & Food Security * Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities
* Quality Education * Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
* Affordable & Clean Energy * Other United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Please see our website at 2017.ieeeghtc.org/
For more detailed information on these chapter events, please view the Quick Reference Calendar|
3/28 - SF-IAS | Lithium Ion Batteries for Large UPS Applications
- introducing a Lithium Ion alternative in large system UPS installations, chemistry, characteristics and performance, circumstances, potential risks ...
(Thirsty Bear Brewing Company, SF, 5:30 pm)
3/28 - SCV-CES-EMBS | The New Era of Quantified Heart Movement - A Complete Picture of Heart Health
- collects heart muscle performance data, conducts deep analysis for measuring the elasticity, strength and workload, identify possible heart problems earlier ...
(NVIDIA, Santa Clara, 6:30 pm)
3/29 - SVS-PSES | Safety Regulatory Approvals for Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico
- Join us for networking, and learning about what's changing in Latin America in the Regulatory world!...
(Santa Clara, 6:30 pm)
4/6 - SCV-SPS-SSCS | New Immersive and Object-based Multichannel Audio Formats for Cinema, Entertainment and Cinematic VR
- new formats and tools for immersive audio content, support three-dimensional (with height) sound field encoding, along with optional audio object channels, virtual reality applications...
(AMD Sunnyvale, 6:30 pm)
4/6 - SCV-APS-MTT | Horizontally Polarized Antennas for Microwave Bands using a Waveguide Structure with an Array of Slot Pairs
- how to achieve a truly omnidirectional radiation pattern in the azimuth plane, customary slotted waveguide beacon antennas have poor patterns...
(TI, Santa Clara, 6:30 pm)
4/6 - SCV-TEMS |Saving the Corvette: A Case Study in Strategic Decision Making
- case study, product turn-around, learning from marketplace ...
(AMD Commons Building, Sunnyvale, 6:30 pm)
4/11 - SCV-CNSV | Beyond Virtual Reality, and into the Mixed Reality Future
- explore the world of Mixed Reality (MR), and how MR could succeed where VR failed, future of content capture and creation will be 2D, 3D and 4D ...
(NVIDIA Corp., Santa Clara, 7:00 pm)
4/11 - SCV-MAG | Spin Transfer Torque Magneto-Resistive Random Access Memory
- magnetic tunnel junction, or MTJ, enable a significant new position in the semiconductor memory market ...
(Western Digital, San Jose, 6:30 pm)
4/12 - SCV-PV |Solar Growth in 2017 and Beyond
(PARC, Palo Alto, 6:30 pm)
4/13 - SCV-YP | Turning Challenges Into Opportunities: Tips and Tricks To Own Your Career
- simple tips he has developed (or fallen into by accident) by working with mentors and peers to solve the many challenges encountered in his career path....
(UCSC Baskin Engineering, Santa Cruz, 7:00 pm)
4/19 - SF-PES | Transient Recovery Voltage - Review, Study and Modelling
- preliminary insight into Transient Recovery Voltage (TRV) basics, what, why, Short circuit current, circuit breakers, Terminal fault, Short line fault, Load switching, Applicable standards ...
(SF, 11:45 am)
4/19 - SCV-EMBS | Study of Fluorescence Spectroscopy Guided Optical Biopsy Needle for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- Current prostate biopsy cores have a very low diagnostic yield, optical biopsy needle can increase the diagnostic yield of prostate biopsies ...
(Stanford U. Medical School, Rm 114, 7:30 pm)
4/26 - SCV-IT | Spacetime Replication of Continuous Variable Quantum Information
- distributing information in seemingly impossible ways using quantum error correction, continuous variable quantum error correcting codes that can efficiently replicate information in spacetime ...
(Stanford, 6:00 pm)
5/4 - SCV-TEMS | Protecting Inventions When Patent Protection Can No Longer Be Relied Upon
- trade secrets, patents, recent issues, protection, enforcement, cross-licensing ...
(AMD Sunnyvale, 6:00 pm)
The 2017 IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference (WIE ILC) will be held at the San Jose Convention Center on 22-23 May 2017, offering career skills for both women and men.
Over 1,500 senior, science and technology leaders will come together to create communities that fuel innovation, facilitate knowledge sharing and provide support.
With a theme of Lead Beyond. Accelerating Innovative Women Who Change the World, the conference will focus on
* Disruptive Technology
Don't miss this opportunity to network with peers (over 90% attendees are professionals), connect with disruptive technology (electrical & computing engineering blending hardware and software) and grow professional leadership skills. Use this special 10% discount (ILC2017EGRID) to register today!
Welcome to the International Conference of the IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society , TEMSCON, which will be at the Santa Clara Convention Center on June 8-10.
TEMSCON is a conference on Technical Management and Technical Business with industry and research speakers. In addition there will be a series of expert workshops available to attendees and non-attendees to tune a leaders skills in technical management.
* Engineering Management
* Supply Chain
for IT, Internet, IoT, Biotech, healthcare, and social media.
For more information on TEMSCON, see http://temscon.org/
Women in Technology Summit (WITI)
where one can build confidence, leadership and entrepreneurial skills, and the value of gender parity in the workplace. This conference is for both women and men.
200 speakers & coaches, Women in Technology Hall of Fame Awards Banquet, Coaching Circles, and Workshops
witi.com/conferences/2017/summit/ , on June 11-13, at the Doubletree in San Jose
* Mastering the Science of Storytelling * Engaging Men to Invest in Gender Equality
* Speak Like a Leader Bootcamp * Personal Branding for Women in Tech
* Breaking Biased Habits * Creating a Business Plan for Tech Startups
* Dealing with Difficult People * Success Secrets of the Super Achievers
* Making Your Pitch Skills Worthy of Your Ideas * Leading Outside Your Comfort Zone
Two free half-day seminars will be hosted by the IEEE Standard Association.
Values by Design: Why Ethics Is the New Green for the Algorithmic Enterprise
Values by Design seeks to reframe the innovative process by prioritizing ethical considerations in systems processes and product development. Attendees will learn
* Why every organization needs a "Chief Values Officer" to stay competitive in a personalized world
* How values-driven design provides a market advantage when aligning your products with end-user values
* Why user-controlled privacy will reinvent the internet economy to make personal data an asset versus a commodity
* How "ethics is the new green" and why modern sustainability is about people and purpose as well as the planet
Values by Design also features an interactive workshop built on Ethically Aligned Design-A Vision for Prioritizing Human Wellbeing in Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems. To be held on Monday, April 24th, from 1 to 5 pm, at the Santa Clara Marriott.
A Landscape View of Applications and Considerations of Blockchain Across Industries
The disruptive nature of distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) such as blockchain are seen more and more every day across the globe. But what does this disruption mean for your vertical? How should you be thinking about it? Is blockchain something that is right for your organization, today, tomorrow, or ever? How are others applying blockchain to their business models so they can be disruptors versus being disrupted by the technology?
To be held on Tuesday, April 25th, from 1 to 7 pm, at The Computer History Museum in Mountain View.
Comics are courtesy of either the San Jose Mercury News or the Daily Journal.
Join us for International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS) 2017, the world's pre-eminent forum for reporting technological breakthroughs in the area of microelectronics reliability.
IRPS 2017 will be held on April 2-6 at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course in Monterey.
Keynote talks are:
* Reflections on the risk of human space exploration - lessons learned from past failures
* System Level Reliability Challenges with Technology Scaling
Conference topics include:
3D 2.5D / 3D / Packaging * Product Reliability * Back-End Dielectrics * Photovoltaics * Circuit Aging / Reliability * Reliability Testing * Electrostatic Discharge * Soft Errors * Failure Analysis * System Reliability * Front-End Dielectrics * Wide Band Gap * Metallization Reliability * Transistor Reliability * Memory Reliability * Transistors - Beyond CMOS * Process Integration
Plesae register at irps.org/
Actualization of the Internet of Things This conference is sponsored by the Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics, American Physical Society.
Plan to participate at the beautiful Marriott Hotel in spectacular Monterey on April 17-19, 2017
Actualization of the Internet of Things is a cross-disciplinary meeting which brings together ALL the technologies needed to build the IOT including:
* Internet to reality integration * Physical actuation
* Ubiquitous networks and big data * Novel sensors
* Biometric application * State of the art modeling
* Flexible electronics
The Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics welcomes the participation of scientists and engineers from across the technological spectrum (EE, ME, AE, etc.) to engender the innovation necessary to build the IoT
The IoT is transforming how computers, machines, and people interact, and will unlease new economic opportunities and industrial capabilities not yet imagined.
Join us and help to push the IoT into the next half-century
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Click here to register
SPACE IS LIMITED, DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
IEEE Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering, Holiday Inn San Jose on May 8-10, 2017
The IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society (ISPCE) will be hosting a symposium featuring presentations and formal papers on all aspects of product safety and compliance engineering including, but not limited to:
* Global Market Access & Regulations * Hazard Based Safety Engineering & Safety Science * Compliance * Forensics, Failure & Risk Analysis, Assessment & Management * Management * Legal, Regulations, Directives & Consumer Protection * EMC & Wireless Compliance * Emerging Technologies & Innovations * Environmental & Energy Regulations * Batteries & Energy Storage Systems * Medical Devices * Compliance 101
ISPCE 2017 2017.psessymposium.org/
Do you need unique, out-of-the box engineering solutions quickly?
Quick-turn high-precision product design, procedural development, and fabrication of parts for testing, developing concepts, tools, and fixturing devices. InteliTek can design and manufacture parts involving very complex geometry, up to 40"L x 20"W x 45"H and can meet tolerances verified to ISO standards of up to .0005".
Partners in: * Materials include:
* CAD design * Aluminum
* Aeronautics * Stainless Steel
* Automotive *Titanium
* Infrared * Copper
* Medical * Brass
* Prototyping * Multiple types of Plastics
Please see InteliTek, and contact Sandra Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 650-299-9365.
WRITING / MARKET RESEARCH SERVICES OFFERED
Looking for contract writing and market research projects. High energy, results oriented, driven, and passionate about what I do. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, html / DreamWeaver, and Telemagic, a database program. Core competencies include:
* Market research * New product development * Product positioning * Writer
* Analytics / forecasting * Competitive analysis * Revenue, unit, and pricing analysis
* Strategic decision maker * Product promotion * Event facilitator / leader
* Editor (IEEE Newsletter) * Sales of ad space / Create Ads * Public speaker
LinkedIn Sandra Winkler, email@example.com
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE E-GRID
Would you like a boost in SF Bay Area publicity (especially here in Silicon Valley), for higher awareness and attendance of your conference or courses? We have 32,500+ technical subscribers in the SF Bay Area.
Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area include:
* Antenna and Propagation * Circuits & Systems * Computer * Consultant's Network Affinity Group * Communications * Consumer Electronics * Control Systems * Components, IC Packaging, and Manufacturing Technologies * Engineering In Medicine & Biology * Electromagnetic Compatibility * Industry Applications * Instrumentation & Measurement * Life Members Affinity Group * Magnetics * MEMS & Sensors Council * Microwave Theory & Techniques * Nanotechnology Council * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences * Photonics * PhotoVoltaics * Power & Energy & Industry Applications * Product Safety Engineering * Reliability * Robotics & Automation * Signal Processing * Solid State Circuits * Technology and Engineering Management * Women In Engineering Affinity Group * Young Professionals Affinity Group
Does your company have engineering positions open? Advertise these positions in the E-Grid!
Contact Sandra Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org
E-GRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the E-Grid at no cost to the e-GRID and receive it twice a month.
These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time. To subscribe your current email address, send a separate email to
email@example.com with the following information in the BODY of the email:
subscribe e-GRID FirstName LastName
This seems to work for some people, but not others. Another option is eliminate your name, and just type subscribe e-GRID
Similarly, to end your subscription, replace "subscribe" with "unsubscribe". Be sure to email from the account in which the subscription is emailed, not one which "points" at the real email address.
If you have trouble with this, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an emailed form requesting that you verify your subscription.
Welcome to the Bay Area services provided by the IEEE!
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include a free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum, discounts on insurance, access to a library of information, and an opportunity to be part of s society which is changing the world. Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626