Event sponsored by IEEE Computer Society Rochester Chapter
Place: RIT, Building 70 (Golisano College), Room 2400
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Date: Oct 30, 2008
Safety Engineering Considerations in the System Lifecycle Standards and Hazards Analysis
This presentation will specifically address:
- what a safety case is
- how risk management and hazards analysis fit into a system development life-cycle
- the hazards analysis process and supporting hazards techniques
- limitations of the software development process
- planning issues for safety-critical system development
- the latest International, IEEE standards and sector-specific standards applicable to safety-related software
Special attention will be paid to medical devices.
Speaker John Harauz Senior Member – IEEE Computer Society