Want to join IEEE ?
- First, obtain the necessary information and application form.
- When you get the information brochures and the application forms, please check up the tariffs for the various services/options you desire. Your application form will need to be countersigned by one IEEE member. Please approach your local IEEE Section, if you have any problems.
- Please note that IEEE offers many special considerations (discounts) in its tariffs. Make sure you have selected the one that applies to you.
- Obtain a proforma invoice for the options you choose. This is only for first-time applicants. You will get renewal invoices automatically every year thereafter.
- Approach any bank dealing in foreign exchange, to give you a demand draft in U.S. Dollars for the amount specified in the invoice (less discounts as applicable). The bank may ask you to produce a copy of the invoice, and ask you to fill up a very simple application form.
- Mark your name and address on the demand draft, and include the IEEE invoice and send these to IEEE Service Center (address given on the invoice) by REGISTERED POST. Make sure to retain a copy of the invoice, and a copy of the demand draft, just in case.
- In a few weeks time you will receive a confirmation, and will become a proud member of the IEEE family. You can then start enjoying all the benefits available to IEEE members worldwide.
Attention: You may be eligible for substantial discounts on your membership dues, if you are in one of the many "special circumstances". Please check for the discounts (if any) applicable to you.