Strategic Planning Committee Report -
8/3/101. Fall Region 3 meeting - the dates
have been set as October 8-10, in Atlanta at the Airport Hilton. Earlier,
Quang Tang announced a Florida Council meeting there.
At the region meeting,
the candidates for director-elect will be confirmed.
all-day Career Survival Workshop is planned for October 23 at the
Cocoa Civic Center in Cocoa Village, Florida. It will be presented by the
IEEE-USA Career & Workforce Policy Committee with support from the
Employment & Career Services Committee and the Region 3 Employment
Assistance team. The primary target is engineers who are being displaced
from NASA contractors with the end of the space shuttle program, but all
interested members are invited to attend.
The topics covered will include:
While the primary audience consists
of the folks being separated from the Shuttle program as it winds down, the
material is applicable to job searches by other engineers as well.
- Globalization and your Career - how you can adapt
- Developing a Career Strategy - finding the right job opportunities;
networking, informational interviewing, continuing education
- Careers in consulting – the Consultants’ Network
- The Entrepreneurs’ Village – starting your own company
- Resume development - how to identify your "value added" and market
yourself; recasting your accomplishments
- Interviewing Skills - the process and networking
- Emerging Future Jobs - an overview
- Wrap-up and Program Evaluation
will be a nominal registration fee - to cover the cost of breaks and a box
lunch. Presentations will be provided to attendees in both a hard copy and
Further details will be provided as they become available -
including the luncheon speaker and registration information.
next IEEE-USA Annual Meeting (March 3-6 in Austin, TX) will have a
4. SoutheastCon 2012 - Volunteers
Needed- Local arrangements, technical program committee and other
functions will need volunteers.
5. AUTOTESTCON 2010 -
Volunteers are needed to stuff bags for registrants on Saturday, Sep. 11, at
the Marriott World Center.
George F McClure
1730 Shiloh Ln
Park, FL 32789
Fax 407 644-4076
Mobile 407 758-0321