- Useful IEEE links.
- Benefits of joining and participating in the IEEE are documented at the IEEE web site or WNC Sections power point presentation. For a copy of the IEEE Membership Benefits power point slide show you can be either down loaded it or run it by clicking on the above link.
This file requires either Microsoft Power Point or Power Point Viewer installed on your computer. If you need the viewer, it is available free at Microsoft download and install it first.
- IEEE Code of Ethics As per IEEE Bylaw I-104.14, membership in IEEE in any grade shall carry the obligation to abide by the IEEE Code of Ethics.
- IEEE Membership Online renewal You will need your IEEE Web Account to access the secure online renewal application. Accepted online payment methods: IEEE Master Card or Visa, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
- Web Accounts The web account is a member"s personal account and is a convenient way to update your IEEE
membership mailing address, phone numbers and email addresses and any other membership information as they change.
Start by registering for a web account at Web Account |
Web Account Updates
- Email Alias: IEEE offers its members an email alias that includes a very extensive virus checking.
This is used in conjunction with your present ISP Email address. This allows a member to change their ISP and maintain the same Email address. There is no fee for this service. For more information go to:
Email Alias Registration |
- Senior Membership Upgrade If you have 10 years of significant engineering experience you are eligible
for an upgrade to Senior Member. There is no charge or changes in dues for this. We strongly encourage you to become
a senior member and enjoy the benefits, We will assist you with your application and references. Start your upgrade at Senior Application If help is needed contact James Erickson
- IEEE Virtual Museum is a web site that explores the history of technology, explains how different technologies work, and examines the societal and cultural impact of technology.
- The Institute An IEEE Publication
- The IEEE Job Site is an online recruiting service that offers all IEEE members exclusive, free access to real time job matching capabilities. You can use your IEEE Web Account to register a job candidate profile in five easy steps:
1. Visit IEEE Jobs
2. Click on the "IEEE Members" link
3. Choose "Register/profile your ideal job" on the landing page
4. Complete the basic information for your job candidate profile (professional skills, required salary, location of desired position, etc.)
5. Post your resume online and set up a job search agent
Positions of interest will automatically be routed to you by email. Your
identity will be hidden until you choose to reveal it to prospective
employers. Take advantage of the expanding technology job opportunities
throughout the global community. Whether or not you are actively seeking
new employment, please register with the IEEE Job Site today!
- Student Branch:
- WCU. Western Carolina University
- North Carolina Council
- Region 3.
- Some neighboring sections are:
- Other useful links
- NCSU - IES North Carolina State University Industrial Extension Services