Written by Frank Forbath
Monday, 18 May 2009 19:56
Accessing Government Stimulus Funding..."Show me the Money!"
Do you have a promising technical idea? Would you like to develop it? Are you worried about financing? What if the U.S. government’s economic stimulus was right there for you to pick off?
If you like these ideas, here it is:
- What: Accessing Government Stimulus Funding..."Show me the Money!" presentations and Q&A’s
- Who: a panel of experts
- When: Saturday 5-30, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon
- Organized by: IEEE’s Orange County’s Entrepreneurs’ Network
- Sponsored by: Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear; IEEE’s Orange County Consultants’ Network; IEEE’s Los Angeles Area Consultants’ Network
- Where: Irvine, near the 405 and McArthur
- Cost: $15 on the web, $25 at the door
- Registration & Details: conveniently, on the web, at https://www.123signup.com/event?id=zrryg
The IEEE's Orange County Entrepreneurs' Network (OCEN) presents a panel of experts who will review, for a full 3 hours, the $789 Billion Government Stimulus Package intended to rebuild the U.S. economy and attain national self-sufficiency and leadership in renewable energy. Presentations will clarify funding available to scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs and provide practical tips to explore the websites relevant to budding entrepreneurs. Several interactive Q&A sessions will provide you with an opportunity to satisfy your specific needs.
- Paul Donahue: inventor, serial business grower, green entrepreneur
- Ron Oglevie: serial new hi-tech business grower and serial SBIR [U.S. government process to fund hi-tech start-ups] contract winner
- Perry Oldham: sharp patent attorney with Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear
- Dennis Wonica: serial entrepreneur, technical guru, Defense contracting expert
8:30 a.m. –registration and informal contacts
9:00 a.m. –presentations and Q&A's
12 noon –end