Intercollegiate Computer Game Showcase
Donald Bren Hall, University of California, Irvine, Saturday, April 27.
Setup starts at 11:00 AM. Main event starts at 2:00 PM and ends at 6:00 PM.
Game demos and judging: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Poster session, recruiting, and reception 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- The showcase is open to teams of students from Orange County and surrounding-area colleges and universities.
- Student games will be judged by a panel of game industry leaders.
- Games can be in any genre and run on any hardware and software platform (“E” or “T” rated only!).
- submissions will be judged based on originality, creativity and execution -- and on whether they are commercially viable
- size, complexity, or amount of effort put into the project will not be primary considerations (in other words, there's no fundamental advantage to a project that has had a two-year head start)
- gameplay for one level of the game must be demonstrable by a team member during the live presentations on the day of the event
- teams retain all intellectual property rights to their games.
- if a game uses any non-original content (code, images, sound, music, etc.), attribution must be given in-game and on the one-pager, and permission must have been acquired if necessary.
- proof of permission(s) will be checked for the winning entries, so availability of such documentation is critical
- failure to obtain permission or present evidence of permission will result in disqualification of the submission
- Main event: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Teams should arrive at 11:00 AM for setup
- Location: Donald Bren Hall, University of California, Irvine (Los Trancos Dr. and E. Peltason Dr.)
- Reception to follow at 4:00pm on the 6th floor of Bren Hall
- Teams will have five minutes to show their games and five minutes for Q&A; demo machines must be able to output via DVI or standard VGA connector
- Teams are invited to set up and demo their games at the reception