PRODUCT SAFETY POSITIONS OUTSIDE OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Title: Manager Global Product Safety
Location: Wayne, NJ
Toys R US
This position is responsible for protecting TRU's brand by trending, tracking, analyzing and identifying potentially hazardous products and determines appropriate corrective action to ensure that the best products in terms of quality and safety are on TRU's shelves. In addition, responsibilities to include managing Assistant Recall Manager and all corrective action plans and reporting on TRU/BRU/FAO stop sales and recalls.
· Lead team by coordinating Global objectives to manage Product Safety
· Lead expansion of process to other countries
· Lead collaborative efforts with all cross functional and cross country partners
· Lead escalation and communication of potential safety issues and/or recalls and stop sales
· Understand regulatory requirements and changes
· Understand trends within Retail industry
· Communicate to leadership anticipated regulatory changes and develop action plans to meet new requirements
· Lead and develop global product safety investigation process
· Lead and develop systemic solution to trend, track, analyze and report on trends
· Lead communication and action plans with regulatory agencies
· Develop and present action plans to leadership regarding corrective action for potential product safety matters
· Regularly review sources of guest information to insure that all potential safety issues are reviewed.
· Conduct thorough investigation of all potential safety issues.
· Provide proposals to leadership on action plan of potential issues.
· Trend, track, analyze and report information appropriately.
· Identify potential Consumer Product Safety Commission issues and issues that require immediate attention.
· Monitor trends and analyze data appropriately.
· Create guest incident reporting tool for discussions with leadership
· Develop and maintain systems needed for information gathering and documentation for future reference.
· Develop and memorialize Standard Operating Procedures and specific Work Instructions (incorporating Global process) of the product safety investigation process and reporting processes to governmental agencies.
· Establish Global partners to begin to incorporate Global teams into Product Safety Process.
· Escalates potential CPSC reportable incidents to leadership to fulfill reporting obligation to the Commission.
· Understand Consumer Product Safety Commission, FDA, USDA and other governmental agencies reporting requirements.
· Understand Health Canada reporting and recall requirements.
· Regularly review Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) , National Highway Traffic Safety (NHTSA) , Food and Drug Administration (FDA) websites
· Business Continuation
· Manage development of team by setting clear objectives/goals; providing on-going coaching and feed forward and evaluating career potential
· Destination plans for all Product Safety Team members
· Bachelor's degree required; degree in Quality Assurance, Retail, Legal or a related field preferred.
· 5+ years of Quality Assurance, Retail, Legal or equivalent experience preferred.
· Proven capability to lead change in a global environment.
· 4+ years experience in product safety management, significant safety issue resolution, or significant safety-related product development.
· Strong understanding of product safety regulatory agencies and their requirements, both domestic and international.
· MUST have a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements (FDA, State), product safety, GMP and preventative quality systems as well
· MUST have a thorough knowledge of trace/recall, critical process measurement, hazard analysis, and product design/specifications and systems approach.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to teach, coach and implement Quality Programs are essential with
· Must have a demonstrated ability to lead and drive change
· Strong analytical problem solving/root-cause analysis skills are essential.
· Must be capable of working with various elements within a diverse organization to provide the highest level of product safety. Headquarters based but given the global nature of the corporation, travel may be involved