Counterfeiting of US Currency: Awareness, Prevention and Case Studies
This presentation will provide an understanding of genuine currency, how to identify counterfeit currency, preventive measures and case studies.
About the Speakers
Jenna Horton has been a Special Agent with the United States Secret Service for 6+ years. A brief history of her career:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture from Kansas State University in 2001 and a Master’s Degree in Human Relations from the University of Oklahoma in 2015.
- Worked as a Veterinary Surgical Technician, a college instructor and a Forensic Pathology Technician before coming to the Secret Service.
- Special Agent for the United States Secret Service beginning in April 2010.
- Received further specialized training in computer forensics, to include network intrusion and point-of-sale systems training.
- Currently a member of the Electronic Crimes Task Force in Phoenix.
- Duties include investigating counterfeit currency, bank fraud, credit card fraud, check fraud, and identity theft, as well as performing computer forensic examinations and working protective assignments.