Co-organized by the IEEE Toronto Women in Engineering Affinity Group and the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
Two Hour Seminar
Thurs., Sept. 27, 2007
6:30 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
Sept. 21, 2007
North York Civic Centre
5100 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M2N 5V7
West side of Yonge Street, five blocks north of Sheppard Ave.
Public Transit: subway to North York Centre Station
Presented by image, communication and quality specialist Ayla Tezcan
Online registration here
IEEE Members: $31.80
Payment instructions will be e-mailed to registrants
Improve your body language to power your presence and communication image
True or False:
- The use of silence is a powerful way to establish presence.
- Heaving your shoulders and shooting a cryptic look can be a stronger message than your verbal one.
- If someone repeats a sentence several times while looking at the floor, swallowing hard, and putting a hand in front of the mouth, he or she is probably lying.
- Without understanding a person’s body language, we are missing out on a very significant part of his or her communication.
- Body language can be used to positively impact others.
- You give off 10,000 body cues in the first minute of interaction
Improve your body language to power your presence and communication image. Your body language is a significant part of your communication. You are only understood by the perception of the others. If your body language matches your message, you immediately improve your perception to your advantage and thus break the limitations.
- The importance of body language for the best first impression.
- How to use body language professionally
- How to read others’ body language.
- How to use the techniques of body language to get the utmost attention to your presence
The participants will receive a hand out for their reference.
"It was a pleasure listening to your excellent colorful presentation."
Image, Communication and Quality Specialist Ayla Tezcan will be leading this seminar:
Ayla Tezcan, P.Eng, AICI, is a certified Image Consultant and trainer with expertise and specialized training on image management, personal development and change, etiquette & protocol, communication, color analysis, make up & grooming and wardrobe management. Ayla is an associate member of the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). She helps individuals as well as the groups for discovering the personal power and true image. She believes in the holistic approach – head to soul- for personal development.
She also has a B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering and Professional Engineer by PEO in Canada. Additionally, she is a Six Sigma Quality Expert with Green Belt. She has broad business experience with well known international companies in Europe and North America. Ayla has experience in corporate world through project management, sales, marketing, communication, quality and management with numerous outstanding business awards. This experience has provided Ayla with perspective of what makes a person successful. Ayla believes that Success is a choice.