Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE's highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE creates an environment where members collaborate on world‐changing technologies – from computing and sustainable energy systems, to aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and more. The strategic plan of IEEE is driven by an envisioned future that realizes the full potential of the role of IEEE in advancing technology for humanity.
- -more than 425,000 members in more than 160 countries;
- -more than 116,000 Student members;
- -333 Sections in 10 geographic regions worldwide;
- -2,195 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests;
- -2,354 student branches at colleges and universities;
- -800 student branch chapters of IEEE technical societies;
- -428 affinity groups.
- -has 38 Societies and 7 technical Councils;
- -has more than 3 million documents in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library;
- -has more than 1,400 standards and projects under development;
- -publishes more than 148 transactions, journals, and magazines;
- -sponsors more than 1,300 conferences in 80 countries while:
- -partnering with more than 1,000 non-IEEE entities globally;
- -attracting more than 400,000 conference attendees;
- -publishing more than 1,200 conference proceedings via IEEE Xplore.