||Region 3 Newsletter
Volume 15 Number 3
SoutheastCon 2001 Report
IEEE Region 3 SoutheastCon 2001 Chair
- Conference dates are scheduled to be Friday March 30 thru Sunday April 1, 2001
- The location will be at The Conference Center and Inn at Clemson University. The Madren
Center is large enough for our conference as there will be some meeting rooms we will not
occupy. We have 80 rooms at the Martin Inn ($80) that is adjacent to the Madren Center. An
additional 120 hotel rooms are held at the Ramada Inn ($70) at Clemson. All unreserved
rooms will be released February 28, 2001!!!
- Transportation from the Ramada to the Conference Center and back will be coordinated
with the hotel (their van) and Clemson Area Transit (public transportation, should be no
cost). Automobile rental appears to be more cost effective than a shuttle service from the
airport and this info will be available at our registration web site area.
- An Organization chart has previously been sent to the Region 3 Ex Com. High-lights are:
- Conference co-chairs Mark Stokes & Nick Pasquerilla
- Accomodations, Treasurer & Secretary Nick Pasquerilla
- Registration & Publication Mark Stokes
- Industry Relations Committee- Lee Stogner & Allen Thomas
- Program Activities Committee John Gowdy
- Student Activities Committee Randy Collins & John Komo
- Our budget format was taken from the Southeastern Conference 1999 Lexington Budget. It
was re-worked and currently shows a $5000+ surplus. The budget has been reviewed by IEEE
headquarters and Region 3. A change of less than $100 was required due to firming up the
conference meeting space.
- IEEE conference services worked to acquire competitive bids for this conference. Then
they negotiated with The Conference Center for meeting space, hotel rooms and meals. Also,
they arranged the rooms at the Ramada. We have signed contracts for all of the above.
- We are currently working on our registration system including credit cards. This is
scheduled to be completed by December 2000.
- The schedule will follow closely the Lexington and Nashville schedules. This schedule is
complete and should be reviewed by the Region 3 ExCom. We need to know by December 1 if
any other meeting space will be required.
- We hopefully will have a few interesting plant tours, spouses activities, some tutorials
and possibly a student job fair. We are planning a Graduate Student Recruitment area for
Saturday. Hardware competition specifics are on our web site as this has generated much
- We currently have issued our Final Call For Papers via e-mail and our web site.
- Corporate Sponsor mailings went out. This time of the year is typically budget setting
for next year. We hope to begin hearing responses soon.
- Our web site is up at www.carol.net/ieee/secon2001.
Previous Table Of Contents Next
IEEE Region 3 Webmasterc.email@example.com