||Region 3 Newsletter
Volume 15 Number 3
SoutheastCon 2002 Report
IEEE Region 3 SoutheastCon 2002 Chair
- Conference dates are scheduled to be Friday, April 5 through Sunday, April 7, 2002
- Conference Theme is tentatively chosen to be "Learning from the past - Innovating
for the future"
- The location will be in Columbia, South Carolina
- An Organization chart is in available for download .
- IEEE Conference Services has agreed to negotiate the hotel contract for us free of
charges. The Accommodation Committee is currently working with Conference Services to
begin negotiating the hotel contract. Hotels under consideration are Embassy Suites and
- A proposal for managing the conference has been received from IEEE Conference Services.
A local conference services provider is also contacted for a bid. Once we receive the bid,
we will determine whether to accept either bid.
- The following issues will be considered:
- Logistics management: Conference administrator will be needed on-site full-time
during the conference. This person will be the single point of contact between the hotel
and the committee.
- Registration: While in general single charge per registrant is requested,
students from each school are allowed to register as a group at a lower group rate. We are
also considering group registration for professionals if the group is larger than a
- Sponsors and Exhibits: We plan to acquire at least four major sponsors and ten
- Tours and Spouses Program: the program will include two or three tours to
local companies and a visit to the splendid Riverbank Zoo and Garden
- Major milestones are:
- March 1, 2001: Printed material ready for distribution in Southeastcon 2001
- April 15, 2001: Call for Paper and Tutorial mailed
- August 1, 2001: Second Mailing sent
- October 30, 2001: Deadline for Paper submission
- December 15, 2001: Paper Acceptance Notice mailed
- March 1, 2002: Conference Proceedings printed
- The conference web site is currently under construction
Previous Table Of Contents Next
IEEE Region 3 Webmasterc.email@example.com