Region 3 Volunteer
Travel Expense Reimbursement
Region 3 has limited funds available to reimburse
travel expenses to volunteers in performance of their duties. Please
perform the following steps in order to request reimbursement for official travel
or other expenses.
Prior to Travel
- Read the IEEE
Region 3 Travel Policy for Travel Planning and Reimbursement.
Reimbursement will be made according to the
policy. Exceptions to the policy require advance approval by the
Region Director (below).
- Confirm that funds are budgeted and available or get
prior approval from the Region 3 Director (below).
- Download the Reimbursement
As Soon as Travel
- Fill in your name and address on page 1 of the
Reimbursement Request Spreadsheet. This is the
address to which your reimbursement check will be mailed.
- Fill in your IEEE member number on page 1 of the
Reimbursement Request Spreadsheet.
- Select the appropriate option for "Member of"
according to your Region 3 position for which you
have travel authorization.
- Fill in the rest of the spreadsheet with your
expenses. Note that some cells are protected
and are automatically filled with a calculated value. The expenses
for meals should be entered on page 2.
- Make a PDF file from the Reimbursement Request
- Scan all of your receipts into a PDF file as required
by the Region 3 Travel Policy.
- Assemble the PDF of the Reimbursement Request
Spreadsheet along with the PDF files(s) of your receipts into ONE PDF
file. A free PDF document
creation tool is available. If you are unable to submit scanned
documents, please send email to the Region 3 Treasurer (below) for a
- Within 30 days of the completion of the travel, email
the assembled PDF file to the Region 3 Treasurer (below). If the
travel is related to PACE, send a copy of the assembled PDF to the Region
3 PAO Chair as well.
- A reimbursement check will normally
be mailed within a week of a complete reimbursement request.
- Travel advances can be accommodated
if necessary. Send your request to the Region 3 Treasurer (below).
Other Region 3
Email your reimbursement request to the Region 3
Treasurer (below). Be sure to include:
- Description of the expense (who, what, when, where,
- Region 3 Budget category
- Scanned receipt(s) as ONE PDF file
- Your IEEE member number and your Region 3 position
- Your mailing address for the reimbursement check
Region 3 typically budgets some funds each year to
help subsidize student branch travel to SoutheastCon,
but the guidelines and requirements are completely different from those for
Region 3 Volunteers. See the Region
3 Student Travel Policy for details. If you have questions or need
assistance, please contact the Region Student Activities Chair (below).
Region 3 Treasurer
Region 3 Director
Region 3 Student Activities Chair
Region 3 PAO Chair
Modified: 13 April 2018
Modified: 18 February 2017
Modified: 7 March 2016
Modified: 7 January 2016
Modified: 17 January 2015