Conference Advisory Committee - CONAC
What CONAC can do for you
There are a significant number of technical meetings held each
year under the auspices of the IEEE. These meetings, whether large or small,
entail a great deal of effort on the part of the organizing team of the
conference or symposium. Some technical meetings are annual affairs with a
long-standing organizational history, others are infrequent or one-time events
that have no pre-established structure or routine to fall back on.
Most organizing committees, involved in either long-standing or
infrequent conferences, consist of new people who may be inexperienced and may
require some information, guidelines or tips for running a successful
conference. The IEEE Canada Conference Advisory Committee.
CONAC provides such a service to its membership (Sections and
Chapters). CONAC is an Operating Committee of the IEEE, reporting to the IEEE
Canada Board of Directors, with a specific mandate to facilitate conference
In order to provide leadership, encouragement, and support to
Societies, Sections and Chapters, CONAC provides the following
- Literature on conference organization which includes
information on local arrangements, the technical program, publicity, finances,
registration procedures, and post-conference responsibilities.
- A Distinguished Speakers list that identifies leading
experts in the various Electrical Engineering disciplines.
- Access to various CONAC Advisors who would be able to
aid you in finding technical speakers/papers in the field of Electrical
- Limited funding for conferences. Co-sponsorship is
provided in the form of seed funding.
- Free advertising on the IEEE Canada Website.
How to apply for seed funding
If your Section and/or Society is planning a professional
conference in the near future, the IEEE Conference Advisory Committee (CONAC)
may be able to offer you some assistance both in how to plan and execute a
successful conference and provide seed funding.
Limited funds are available. Each proposal
is carefully examined and awarded seed funding based on the merits of the
proposed conference and available resources. Typically, CONAC co-sponsorship is
based on a profit sharing formula negotiated by all parties concerned. I
strongly encourage you to utilize this channel of funding and conference
expertise to ensure your conference is highly successful.
Please use the linked
APPLICATION FORM to apply for CONAC seed funding,
or make preliminary inquiries to me via e-mail.
- Current CCECE 2014 Chair - Xavier Fernando
- Past CCECE 2013 Chair - Raman Paranjape
- Future CCECE 2015 Chair - Jason Gu
- Current EPEC 2014 Chair - Bill Kennedy
- Past EPEC 2013 Chair - Mo El-Hawary
- Future EPEC 2015 Chair - Maike Luiken
- East: Eastern Area Chair - Sreeraman Rajan
- Central: Central Area Chair - Alagan Anpalagan
- West: Western Area Chair - Kouros Goodarzi
- IEEE Canada Treasurer - Kash Husain
- IEEE Canada President (ex-officio) - Amir Aghdam
- IEEE Canada Vice-President - Witold Kinsner