Ad-Hoc Coordinator: Technical Publications Coordinator [PC]
Coordinator: Stefano Zanero (Italy)
- Establish closer relationships with some IEEE Business Units, for example IEEE Sales and Marketing (International Sales Team), as well as IEEE Publications Service and Products Board (PSPB).
- Fostering strong relationships, and synergistically couple IEEE Region 8 to mentioned IEEE business or organizational units.
- Deliver a greater level of IEEE access such as via IEEE products: IEEE/IET electronic library (IEL), IEEE eLearning library, etc
- Develop closer relations between our own journals, perhaps high-quality journals of national societies, where IEEE has a formal relationship, etc to the wider IEEE, perhaps even via electronic and mobile dispensation via IEEE Xplore.
- Get in touch with national associations of chartered engineers to see if there is a possibility to offer them access to IEEE/IET electronic library (IEL) or IEEE eLearning library
- Try to develop better (and cheaper) ways to make the IEEE eLearning library available to members and professionals in developing economies of our region (by talking with the relevant Section chairs).
- Collect names of highly respected journals of national societies, where IEEE has a formal relationship, to begin to explore interest for diffusion within the wider IEEE, perhaps even via electronic and mobile dispensation via IEEE Xplore.
- We are now in touch with PSBS, and you can find online a reference map of IEEE Sales and Marketing + IEEE Publications Service and Products Board (PSPB) staff members.
- All R8 Section chairs received an email from me outlining the ways we can work together, but if you are a R8 volunteer with a need that may fall in my goals please get in touch via e-mail at any time!