Activities planned for 2016
We plan to have up to 20 both technical and non-technical chapter meetings. These meetings entail small expenses that are in part covered from the chapter budget. Besides of organizing the meetings, the funds are requested for covering the cost of postal and electronic mailing, membership promotion, and a moderate young scientist award scheme.
The specific goals of the Branch for the 2016 year are:
- April, 2016 - Visit to the museum and one of the manufacturing facilities of “Turboatom”, a plant which is among the top ten turbine construction companies in the world. Co-organized by young scientists of IRA NASU, IRE NASU IA-S SBC, IEEE Ukraine Women in Engineering Affinity Group.
- May, 2016 - Celebration of 1st anniversary of IEEE Ukraine Women in Engineering Affinity Group.
- June, 2016 - Field trip to the Ukrainian T-shaped Radio telescope (UTR-2), constructed by Institute of Radio Astronomy of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, which is the world's largest low-frequency radio telescope at decametre wavelength. This activity will be sponsored by our SB Chapters and will include some sport activities on fresh air.
- July 5-7, 2016 - The 16th International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory, Lviv, Ukraine (www.mmet.org).
- October 10-14, 2016 - YSF-2016, II International Young Scientists Forum on Applied Physics and Engineering (www.ysc.org.ua) & Workshop on Young Scientist Career Development (satellite meeting of YSF-2016).
All Conferences which we co-organize will unite researches from the former Soviet Union and Western countries working in the area of antennas and propagation, and sensing, such as applied optics, millimeter- and sub-millimeter-wave techniques and their simulations. Our Student Branch Chapter is going to become one of the co-organizers of these events. These events are aimed at gathering together young Ukrainian researchers and offering their interest the areas relevant to antennas and propagation.
SBC Officer Elections (December 2016).
vul. Akad. Proskury 12