Board of Governors Meeting Schedule and
Action on Motions
CPMT BoG MEETING SCHEDULE
The CPMT Society Board of Governors approved the following schedule of meetings its 31 January 1999 meeting in Tampa, Florida:
**CPMT Board of Governors - Saturday, 5 June 1999; San Diego, California (in conjunction with ECTC). CPMT OpCom - Friday evening, 4 June 1999.
**CPMT Board of Governors - Sunday, 3 October 1999, Newark, New Jersey. CPMT OpCom - Saturday evening, 2 October 1999.
**CPMT Board of Governors - Sunday, 6 February 2000, Phoenix, Arizona. CPMT OpCom - Saturday evening, 5 February 2000.
ACTION ON MOTIONS
The CPMT Society Board of Governors took action on the following Motions at its 31 January 1999 meeting in Tampa, Florida:
1. Approve 1999 expenditure of $7.5K in excess of 1999 CPMT budget for production of TC-1 Holm Conference Archival CD ROM .
2. Approve for the year 2000 budget the same member fees (dues) and Transactions subscription rates as in 1999.
3. Approve CPMT Society Cosponsorship with the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society of the Fiber-Optics, Photonics, Optoelectronics Assembly, Packaging and Manufacturing Interactive Workshop (99OEP) with a 50/50 financial split.
4. Approve CPMT Society Cosponsorship with IMAPS of the MCM Applications Workshop with a 50/50 financial split.
5. Approve Sister Society rates for CPMT Transactions as follows: Trans-CPT: $40; Trans-AP: $40; Trans-EPM: $30.
6. Approve sending CPMT Distinguished Lecturers' List to Chapters and Universities represented by ECTC Short Course Attendees and ECTC Conference Attendees -- estimated Cost: <$1,000 for postage and materials plus CPMT labor cost to send out.
7. Approve that CPMT Society not participate in the IEEE Superconductivity Council.
8. Approve CPMT Society sponsorship or cosponsorship of the Workshop on Polymeric Materials for Microelectronics and Phontonics Applications with a full or partial financial responsibility (with ASME, MRS, SPE), subject to approval by the CPMT Vice President Conferences of a budget.
1. Approve CPMT Society Technical Cosponsorship of the IMAPS Advanced
Technology Workshop on Next Generation IC and Package Design.
2. Approve investment of up to $2K to improve the tools for BoG meetings
in order to improve the efficiency of the meeting.
--submitted by Marsha Tickman, Executive Director