MEMBERSHIP & CHAPTER DEVELOPMENT REPORT
Thanks are extended to all CPMT members for helping make 2001 a fabulous year for recruiting new members. The CPMT was the 4th fastest growing IEEE Society in 2001 with a growth rate of 5.7%. We currently have more than 4122 members.
New membership initiatives launched to promote "value" of membership (timed for the 2002 membership cycle) include:
· New and returning member welcome kits that include membership cards, member label pins, and revised brochures
· Recognition items such as luggage tags to raise the visibility of the CPMT "brand"
· Print ads that extend the reach of our core membership messages
We now have 35 global CPMT Society Chapters. Twenty-four of these chapters are outside of the USA. New initiatives to facilitate the start-up of new chapters, improve access to existing chapter resources and encourage Chapter of the Year award participation include:
· Redesign and configuration of the Chapter section of the CPMT web site at http://www.cpmt.org
· New homepage template for local Chapter highlights
· Updated Chapters directory
The CPMT Society is the premier forum for today's leading professionals engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced microsystems packages. Invite your colleagues to join us.
Ralph W. Russell, II
Director, Global Chapters and Membership