Educational Applets in Solid State Materials
(supported in part by the
National Science Foundation, DUE-9752316)
List of Applets
for up-to-date applet resource)
- Solid Sate
- Energy Bands and Charge Carriers
- Fermi Level Concepts
- PN Junction Diode
- A graphical illustration of the formation of a PN
junction diode and its band diagram. It shows both the band diagram
and a sample schematic.
- Biased PN Junction:
band diagram, diffusion and drift currents, etc. It shows both the
energy band under bias and the animated carriers flowing across the junction.
With a quiz.
- Current Flow in Forward-Biased
P-N Junction via animated graphics. It shows an animated flow of carriers
in a simplified FLAT band. It does NOT show the energy band correctly.
- Device Fabrication Steps
- PN Junction Diode : a multimedia
approach to the fabrication steps. May
- n-channel MOSFET, both side-view and
top-view and full Photoresist steps.
- BJT-FET pair on the same chip,
side-view and full Photoresist steps.
- CMOS Inverter, side-view, a higher-level abstraction of the device
- MS diode
- Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (MOS) FET
- Work Function difference
between Gate Metal and Si. (for IE4.0
or Netscape4.0 with JDK1.1 patch.). April
1997, modified April 1998.
- A MOS calculation tool
for Flat-Band Voltage (VFB)
and the Threshold Voltage (VT)
(for IE4.0 or Netscape4.0 w. JDK1.1 patch.). May
15, 1997, modified April 1998.
- MOS band diagram and the gate bias effect in the channel
(accumulation, depletion, inversion).
- Operation of MOSFET
- Single-stage Amplifier w. BJT or MOSFET
- Digital Circuits
- CMOS Inverter : The
(for the design of threshold voltage of MOSFET). May
- Applets on Transistors (incomplete
- Device Fabrication and Processing Technology (incomplete
- Problems general to Semiconductor Devices (incomplete
- Space charge, electric field, and potential profile.
- A Comprehensive List of Topics for Solid State Applets