An extended abstract (3 or 4 pages in English) should report results of the original research of theoretical or applied nature. It should summarize the scope of the research and the primary results and findings, emphasizing new advances, theories and/or applications – so as to enable the Technical Program Committee to understand the originality and the significance of the research contribution. The recommended structure of the extended abstract is as follows:
- Authors' affiliation
- Introduction: this part explains why the topic is important for science and or/technology, and includes a background of the research work and a literature review.
- Proposed approach: this part describes the techniques and/or methodology used to study the topic.
- Results: this part contains the innovative results, viz. achieved findings (not just projections!) and their brief comparison with the literature.
- References: this part contains key references, mainly relevant papers available in the literature (not just the list of previous publications of the authors!)
The extended abstract must be formatted as follows:
- file format: PDF
- paper: US Letter (8.5 x 11 inches)
- margins: 1 inch (2.5 cm) on top, bottom, left and right sides
The deadline for the submission of extended abstracts is October 31, 2006.
In order to submit an extended abstract, prepared according to the guidelines presented above, please enter the IMTC 2007 submission system and follow the instructions presented there.
In order to verify the stage of processing of a submitted abstract, please enter the IMTC 2007 submission system: