PLASMA SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS (PSAC)
PSAC EXCOM Leadership (Term Expiration Date)
ExCom Standing Subcommittees
- The Awards Subcommittee identifies, encourages, and solicits PSAC member candidates for various IEEE awards, including the Plasma Science and Applications Award and the Outstanding Student in Plasma Science Award. Members are Christopher Deeney (chair), Jerry Chittenden, Christine Coverdale, Daniel Jobe, John Pasour, Joseph Schumer, and Donald Shiffler.
- The International Conference on Plasma Science (ICOPS) Budget Subcommittee advises ICOPS chairs on budget preparation and reviews proposed budgets prior to approval by ExCom. Members are Farhat Beg (chair), Rickey Faehl, and John Luginsland.
- The Employment and Careers Subcommittee solicits resumes and job postings for inclusion in PSAC ICOPS career fair every year. Members are William White (chair) and David French.
- The Human Rights Subcommittee recommends to the ExCom and implement approved actions to foster human rights. John Lugansland is chair.
- The Membership Subcommittee recommends to the ExCom and implements approved actions to increase PSAC membership. Members are Scott Kovaleski (chair), John Foster, Robert Jackson, and Brooke Stutzman.
- The MiniCourse Subcommittee suggests topics for the annual Plasma MiniCourse, held in conjunction with the PSAC ICOPS, and provides advice to help assure that the Minicourse run successfully. Members are Brooke Stutzman (chair), Natalia Babaeva, and Farhat Beg.
- The Nominations Subcommittee solicits nominees for the PSAC ExCom and for PSAC representatives to the NPSS AdCom. Members are David Abe (chair) and Mary Ann Sweeney.
- The Publicity Subcommittee develops and disseminates information about PSAC. Members are John Foster and Joseph Kindel.
- The Site Selection Subcommittee identifies potential ICOPS chairs and conference sites several years in advance, works with the proposed chairs to develop preliminary proposals, and presents recommendations to ExCom. Members are Monica Blank (chair), Gregory Nusinovich, and John Pasour.
- The Student Grants Subcommittee solicits candidates for and selects student awardees to receives grants to cover partial costs of attendance at the PSAC ICOPS. Donald Shiffler (chair), Keith Cartwright, and Brooke Stutzman.
- IEEE International Conference on Pulsed Power and Plasma Science (PPPS2013), 16 - 22 June 2013, San Francisco, California
- International Conference on Plasma Science & High Power Particle Beams (2014 ICOPS/BEAMS), 25-29 May 2014, Washington, DC
- Directory of Plasma Conferences
- IEEE Sponsored Conferences
- American Physical Society Division of Plasma Physics
- American Physical Society Sponsored Conferences
- American Vacuum Society Sponsored Conferences
- Materials Research Society Sponsored Conferences
- Constitution and Bylaws
- PSAC Blog - current information for PSAC members
- Business Meeting Minutes
- ExCom Meeting Minutes (password protected)
- ICOPS Archive (password protected)
- Additional Information (password protected)
- Fusion Basics from JET
- Fusion Education at General Atomics
- FusEdWeb: Fusion Energy Educational Web Site
- Fusion Energy Education (Contemporary Physics Education Project)
- Interactive Plasma Physics Education Experience
- Perspectives on Plasmas - the fourth state of matter
- The Pervasive Plasma State APS-DPP brochure
- The Wonders of Physics Clint Sprott's Pop Physics Lectures
- Coalition for Plasma Science Applications and benefits for society
- NRL Plasma Formulary Extensive compilation of plasma data and formulas
Suggestions, comments, problems about this web page: Richard Kouzes