Sando Carneiro, Hiroyuki Mori, Bill Kersting, N.D.R Sarma, Noel Schulz, Alberto Gutemez, Luis Naredo, S. Widergren, Gerald Heydt, K. Miu
The minutes from the
1. Discussion of Officer Changes
Karen Butler-Purry was approved by PSACE AdCom in 2003 as Secretary.
2. AdCom Summary
is still handling Transaction Paper Reviews for
3. Coordination with T&D Working Groups and Tasks Forces
No report was made this meeting.
Remarks below follow from last time:
T&D - Operational & applied issues
PSACE – DSA & integration of equipment models into system analysis tools
DG Integration WG
T&D Subcommittees/WG/TF met in
i. Travel costs are becoming prohibitive and our members may not be able to afford to attend meetings.
ii. Contributions as reviewers greatly assist the SC, thus active reviewers should still be members even though meeting attendance is not consistent.
iii. IEEE is beginning to facilitate conference calls & web meetings. Should we attempt this meeting vehicle
i. We repeated one here (Wed. AM)
ii. We attempted to repeat another at PSCE however mix-ups in arrangement caused the panel to be unselected by PSCE. Gerald Heydt explained that the panel deadlines are rigorously upheld and that 18 panels were proposed and there was only room for 16 panels. Of the 16 that were accepted, 2 panels were canceled and 2 paper sessions were inserted to replace the panels.
iii. Panel reviews – a discussion concerning the care taken in panel reviews was raised. Required cohesion for the 5 talks usually leads panel chairs to perform more careful and consistent reviews to all summaries.
Dugan is the TF Chair. There is still a need for more members are needed for this TF; however, he has been working closely with other working groups. Goal: a one page summary clearly stating the goal of the TF to avoid overlap with several other TF and Working Group activities in other Technical Committees (from 2003)
In addition to paper sessions, several panel session were proposed for consideration:
1. GM2005 – Panel: Models and Analytical Tools for DSA – this was the panel that was turned down at PSCE. Original Chair – S. Carneiro. Unfortunately, B. Kersting does not plan to attend. We need to re-confirm original participants and invite another.
2. GM2005 – Panel: Review of Current Practices for Service Restoration (joint panel with Distribution Automation?) Co-chairs: N.D.R. Sarma & N. Schulz
3. TD2005 – Panel: DER Impact on Distribution System Analysis. Co-chairs: S. Widergren and N. Schulz