- Chairperson: Greg Shirek, Milsoft Utility Solutions
- Vice Chairperson: Sarika Khushalani-Solanki, West Virginia University
- Secretary: Jason Fuller, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Past-Chair: Kevin Schneider, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
This subcommittee is a part of the Power System Analysis, Computing, and Economics Committee of the IEEE Power and Energy Society. The SCOPE of the subcommittee is to
- Investigate the development and application of analytical methodologies and computational techniques for solving, analysis, computing, application, and management of distribution system problems.
- Sponsor and promote technical papers, technical sessions, and workshops for effective dissemination of technical knowledge related to the subcommittee activities.
- Coordinate such activities where appropriate with other IEEE committees and subcommittees.
The subcommittee's intent is to focus on the following topics.
- Computational methods
- Algorithm development
- System modeling and analysis
- Data modeling
- Control methods
- Design tools
- Test systems
- Data storage and recovery
- Application of intelligent techniques
- Power quality and harmonic propagation
- Protection methods
Working Groups and Task Forces
- Distribution Test Feeder Working Group
- Contact: Jason Fuller
- Working Group on Distribution System State Estimations: Practical challenges, limitation of current tools and way forward
- Contact: Bikash Pal
- WG meetings 2014
- WG meetings 2015
- P1729 Recommended Practices for Electric Power Distribution System Analysis (completed)
- Contact: Thomas McDermott