PV Product Safety Engineer(CFV Solar Test Laboratory)
CFV Solar Test Laboratory (CFV) is a photovoltaic (PV) test center jointly owned by CSA International, Fraunhofer ISE of Germany, and Fraunhofer CSE of Boston, MA. CFV performs testing of PV modules both for certification according to North American and international standards as well as non-certification testing for performance and reliability verification. The laboratory is located in Albuquerque, NM, and is a state-of-the-art test facility. For additional information please view our website at www.cfvsolar.com.
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products—from every day household items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.
As a PV Product Safety Engineer you will be responsible for analyzing client certification projects, developing budgets and schedules, defining test procedures, conducting and supervising tests, and writing reports for certification testing of PV modules of all technologies, including thin-film and CPV as well as other PV related equipment. The measurements will be carried out both indoors, and outdoors using state-of-the-art equipment. You will be working in close coordination with our CFV Solar Test Laboratory as well as other international certification bodies. CSA looks for team players with exceptional skills in their field, a can-do attitude, and the motivation to make CFV the premier PV test services provider in North America.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Work with clients on certification projects for PV modules, related equipment, and CPV.
- Become the local CSA expert for all existing PV/CPV certification test standards and methodologies.
- Coordinate closely with CFV Solar and other international certification bodies.
- Participate in industry certification standards groups to develop new test standards.
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules for PV and CPV certification projects.
- Prepare work orders for the test programs.
- Conduct testing and evaluations on products against requirements of national/international standards and precedent decisions. This may include pre-assessments as well as BOM analyses on products.
- Record test data and prepare charts, tabulate data and calculate results as required.
- Communicate any non-compliances with the customer.
- Create Certification Reports and Certificates of Compliance.
- Make field trips and perform test work and witness testing at manufacturers’ facilities as required.
- Follow-up with customers regarding updates.
Preferred Education and Experience :
- Bachelor Degree (BS) in engineering
- 3+ years of experience in PV performance measurements or certification testing
- Thorough understanding of PV module test equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of PV test standards IEC 60904, 61853, 62670, 61215, 61646, 62108, UL1703 & 8703
- Ability to represent CSA and its test laboratory to customers and industry peer groups
Additional Relevant Qualifications :
- Previous experience with ISO17025 certified laboratory standards
- Previous PV certification or certification lab experience
- Experience with racking and tracking testing and/or certification
- Fire testing experience
- Power electronics experience
- Quality management and control experience
Soft Skills :
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Quick and eager learner
- Detail-oriented, methodological work approach
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing and able to travel to visit clients in North America
Apply directly online at : Open Link Here