International Conference on Robotics
The Advances in Robotics (AIR) conference series is organized by the Robotics Society of India for creating a forum to present and exchange new ideas by researchers and developers from India and abroad working in the area of robotics and allied fields. The conference includes plenary talks, oral and poster presentations and special industry-oriented sessions.
In 2015, AIR was held on 2-4 July at the Birla Institute of Technology Pilani, Goa, India.
- Roland Siegwart, Professor of Robotics, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Steven M. LaValle, Professor of Computer Science, University of Illinois
- Jae-Bok Song, Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Korea University
A few of the topics covered in the conference:
- Kinematics, Dynamics, Control and Simulation of Autonomous, Intelligent systems.
- Design of Robotic Mechanisms.
- Man-machine Interface and Integration.
- Robotics-related Computer Hardware, Software, and Architectures.
- Vision and other Non-Contact Sensory Systems.
- Tactile and other Contact Sensory Technology.
- Active Sensory Processing and Control.
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Robotics.
- Medical and Assistive Robotics.
- Bio-Mimetic and Bio-Inspired Robotic Systems.
- Swarm Robotics.