The eGrid is updated daily. Put on your favorites list:
This URL is graciously paid for by software consultant Brian Berg, of CNSV
Let me know if you would like the mobile friendly version emailed out to you on a separate distribution list.
The eGrid is owned by the SF Bay Area Council (SFBAC)
IEEE Benefits and Information, including upcoming historic milestone events
Employment, job hunting tips, opportunities, and those looking for employment.Google Calendar to copy events to your own calendar
Computer History Museum. IEEE members get 50% discount on membership.
Advertise in the eGrid! See eGRID Ad Opportunies.pdf. The eGrid has more than 32,000 subscribers. Contact Sandra Winkler, Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The economy is opening up; post your job opportunities here.
Engineering Manager, Averna in San Rafael; Lead hardware and software teams for electrical control and measurement, precision optical inspection, and machine automation for consumer electronics, medical devices, and industrial controls.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers due on September 14, 2021 for the 23rd International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED'22) , which will be held locally in April 2022. Papers are accepted in the areas of manufacturing, design and EDA. Work-in-Progress (WIP) papers, and special session proposals are also accepted.
PROFESSIONAL WEBINARS, CONFERENCES, AND EVENTS
June 1 - July 4, 2021, Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), Virtual Event
Premier international event which showcases cutting-edge technology in packaging, components and microelectronic systems science, technology and education, in an environment of cooperation and technical exchange.
September 21-23, 2021, Sensors Converge, San Jose & Streaming Globally
September 27-29, 2021, Strategic Materials Conference (SMC), San Jose
October 10-14, 2021, Save the date for the 13th Annual IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), Vancouver, Canada
October 11-13, 2021, MEMS & Sensors Executive Congress (MSEC), San Diego
December 5-9, 2021, 58th Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco
December 7-9, 2021, SEMICON West, San Francisco and Virtual (Hybrid)
April 2022, 23rd International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED'22), Bay Area
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER WITH ADDITIONAL EDUCATION
You are cordially invited to attend the RF and wireless training courses listed below by Besser Associates, the worldwide leader in RF and wireless training.
RF Technology Certification, Starts September 20, On Demand, Online
For the complete schedule please visit: BesserAssociates.com.
SCU Engineering: Leading the way to a sustainable future.
Engineering with a MissionPower Systems and Sustainable Energy Program
Students in this two-year program learn about the basics of power grid, the technical challenges of a grid with high penetration of renewable energies, the existing policy, and the pricing of the grid, while also learning the rudiments of project management—a necessary tool in this field. Topics of study include:
To obtain more information on SCU's School of Engineering, please contact Stacey Tinker, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or call 408-554-4313.
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension - A legacy of more than 50 years of personalized classroom experience — now bringing that to your home — live, online professional courses for every stage of your career. Follow this link to browse upcoming courses.
Embedded Linux Design and Programming, Begins 7/26/2021
3175 Bowers Ave., Santa Clara, CA 95054; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 408-861-3700
VOLUNTEER AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Partner with science teachers of K-8 students - topsofscv.org
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have you ever thought about teaching? Learn more and Apply for the EnCorps Fellowship for STEM Professionals - encorps.org
Project Open NanoCarbon - Monthly meetups/opensci journal club to research, build and deploy open hardware to rapidly solidify gigatonnes of carbon from atmospheric CO2.
Advise & mentor underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs. Flexible time commitment. Business and technology experienced professionals browse details, and apply to join at skysthelimit.org
EGRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the eGrid at no cost to the eGRID and receive it twice a month. These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe to your current email address, and you are an IEEE member, send a separate email to
email@example.com with subscribe e-GRID-I FirstName LastName in the BODY of the email. Substitute e-GRID if not an IEEE member.
Be sure to email from the account in which the subscription is emailed, not one which "points" at the real email address. If you have trouble with this, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTRACT DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES
Need Help Bringing Your Product to Life?
Cardinal Peak provides completed & tested designs ready to deploy.
* Connected Audio, Video, & IoT Products.
* Expertise in Hardware, Embedded SW, Cloud Services, & User Apps.
* 120+ Employees, 18 Years in Business, USA Based.
The Worldwide Leader in RF and Wireless Training. Online classes available now; see ad below left for further details on specific courses.
Empower your future with a MS Engineering degree specializing in Smart Sustainable Energy Systems from San Jose State University. Our hybrid program is suitable for working professionals and provides students with the knowledge and technical skills required to formulate, analyze, and solve complex problems related to the optimal design and integration of sustainable energy sources into the modern power networks. Learn more at our upcoming virtual information sessions.
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension
ONE COURSE | Move your career forward
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
Effective Training Associates
SOFTWARE SALES AND EDUCATION
Ozen Engineering, Inc., an Elite ANSYS Channel Partner, offers customers ANSYS software products, Technical support, Training, and Consulting.
IEEE CHAPTER AND SOCIETY EVENTS
7/30. 12:00 pm, MBSS, Seattle Section Affinity Group, CN, Laser Guided Surgery, Virtual Event
8/11, 4:00 pm, SCV SUST, Photonic Structure Textiles for Localized Thermal Radiation Control: From Laboratory Experiments to Large-Scale Textile Manufacturing, Virtual Event
8/12, 12:00 pm, SFBA EPS, Qualification of Robo-Taxi: Environments and Failure Modes for Autonomous Vehicles, Webex
8/19, 12:00 pm, SFBA CS, Introducing Globalscale Atmosic M2 BLE module with Bryan Cheng, Virtual Event
8/19, 12:00 pm, SFBA SD EPS, Package Technology, Design, and Methodology Challenges and Solutions for High Bandwidth Electronic Systems, Webex
9/9, 12:00 am, SFBA SD EPS, MTT, Chiplet-In-Wafer Technology For The Development Of III-V RF ICs, Webex
9/16, 12:00 pm, SFBA EPS SUST, Sustainable Electronics – From Dumped e-Waste to a Circular Economy: What is Needed?, WebEx
9/30, 12:00 am, SFBA EPS, Ultrafast Time Domain Cryogenic CMOS Device Characterization Platform for Quantum Computing Applications, WebEx
San Francisco Section
IEEE San Francisco Section is excited to announce the new Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group. Join the group and take advantage of technical and professional activities empowering Women in Engineering. If you're interested, please contact the Group Founder at email@example.com.
Oakland East Bay Section
8/4-5, 8:30 am, OEB SPS COMM, Center for Advanced Signal and Image Sciences (CASIS) 2021 Workshop, Virtual Event
Computed-tomography reconstruction and analysis, signal and image processing and control, radiation detection and isotope ID, electromagnetic sensing methods, adaptive optics, novel sensing modalities, etc.
OEB PES, Speakers and topics of interest requested! Let us know what topics you would like to know about so we can better meet the needs of our community. Please contact Rosanna Lerma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEEE SENIOR ELEVATION MEETING
The next meeting for information on rising to the ranks of Senior IEEE member is on Monday, July 26th from 6 to 6:30 pm. This meeting will go over the steps you need to take to achieve this prestigious rank. Afterwards, three references will be lined up for you as a requirement for this elevation. See here for more information.
See job search tips on the Employment page. Link is in the sidebar on the left.
If you are currently unemployed and wish to seek employment in the eGrid, please email me your name, the work you are looking for (in a few words), your email address, and LinkedIn contact info. There is no charge for this service.
Marketing Rep/ Market Research, full or part time, contract or employment. Writing, analytics/forecasting, events organizer. Sandra Winkler 650-299-9365
Developer & Cloud DevOPS w/ 11 years Unix/Linux, 6 years Colloidal & Surface Chemistry, developing prototype MESH drone swam for pollution/bacteria & virus monitoring, Joschka-Joseph Anderso, email@example.com
Development Engineer with 10+ years experience in the Thin Film and Laser industry, MS in Statistics, looking for a new position in Process Development / Metrology Engineering. Stan Louie
Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area
* Antenna and Propagation Society (APS) * Blockchain (BC) * Circuits & Systems Society (CASS) * Consultant's Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV)* Consumer Technology Society (CTSoc) * Control Systems Society (CSS) * Communications Society (ComSoc) * Computer Society (CS)* Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) * Electronic Packaging Society (EPS) * Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) * Engineering In Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS) * Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IMS) * Life Members Affinity Group (LMAG)* Magnetics Society (MAG) * MEMS & Sensors Council (MEMS) * Microwave Theory & Techniques (MTT) * Nanotechnology Council(NANO) * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences (NUE) * Photonics (PHOT)* Power & Energy Society (PES) & Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Power Electronics Society (PELS) * Product Safety Engineering (PSE) * Reliability (REL) * Robotics & Automation (RAS) * Sustainability (SUST) * Signal Processing Society (SPS) * Silicon Valley Technology History Committee (SVTHC) * Society for Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) * Solid State Circuits Society (SSCS) * Startup Special Interest Group (SIG) * Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) * Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) * Women In Engineering Affinity Group (WIE) * Young Professionals Affinity Group (YP)
IEEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include:
* Free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum
* Access to a library of publications and published papers
* Join a standards working group
* Join a chapter or society and have a positive impact on your career and industry
* Advance your career with networking opportunities
* Gain access to Collabratec for job seekers
* Receive discounts on home, auto, travel, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as Dell, and UPS at IEEE Member Discount Services Benefits
* Wolfram - Mathematica technical computing software, available to students and professional members worldwide
* GradFin- student loan refinance advisory available for US borrowers
* More new discounts coming in 2021
* Insurance Circuit, a free, monthly newsletter from Mercer, which covers news and information about the IEEE Member Group Insurance Program and financial wellbeing.
* Marketplace, a new platform for a changing variety of time-sensitive and exclusive discounts on products and services.
* An opportunity to be part of a society which is changing the world.
Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626