The eGrid is updated daily. Put on your favorites list:
www.egrid.biz or ewh.ieee.org/council/sfba/index.html
The egrid.biz URL is graciously paid for by software consultant Brian Berg, of CNSV
Let me know if you would like the mobile friendly version emailed out to you on a separate distribution list.
The eGrid is owned by the SF Bay Area Council (SFBAC)
IEEE Benefits and Information, including upcoming historic milestone events
Employment, job hunting tips, opportunities, and those looking for employment.Google Calendar to copy events to your own calendar
Computer History Museum. IEEE members get 50% discount on membership.
Advertise in the eGrid! See eGRID Ad Opportunies.pdf. The eGrid has more than 32,000 subscribers. Contact Sandra Winkler, Editor, at email@example.com.
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
The Sobrato Campus for Discovery and Innovation, the new STEM facility, is now open; includes new upgrades such as a Raman spectrophotometer. See the ad below right for more information.
PROFESSIONAL WEBINARS, CONFERENCES, AND EVENTS
Design Automation Conference (DAC) | San Francisco | July 10-14, 2022
Premier conference for design and automation of electronic systems; Artificial Intelligence; Automated Systems; Design; Cloud; EDA; Embedded Systems and Software (ESS); IP; Security
FLEX Conference Co-Located with SEMICON West | Hybrid Event | July 11–14, 2022
SEMICON West | Hybrid Event | July 12–14, 2022
VOLUNTEER AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
More detail on these volunteer opportunities is available on the Volunteer Opportunities page. The link is in the far left column.
Healthy Cities Tutoring, Help a K-8th grade student with reading, writing, math, homework, organization, study skills, self esteem. 45 minutes a week; training and support provided.
UCSD is looking for mentors for their physical sciences program. Virtual mentoring should be at least 30 minutes a month from February 2022 to July 2022. See center.ucsd.edu/programs/mentorship-program.html.
Partner with science teachers of K-8 students - topsofscv.org
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com!
Have you ever thought about teaching? Learn more and Apply for the EnCorps Fellowship for STEM Professionals - encorps.org
Project Open NanoCarbon - Monthly meetups/opensci journal club to research, build and deploy open hardware to rapidly solidify gigatonnes of carbon from atmospheric CO2.
Advise & mentor underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs. Flexible time commitment. Business and technology experienced professionals browse details, and apply to join at skysthelimit.org
IEEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include:
* Free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum
* Access to a library of publications and published papers
* Join a standards working group
* Join a chapter or society and have a positive impact on your career and industry
* Advance your career with networking opportunities
* Gain access to Collabratec for job seekers
* Receive discounts on home, auto, travel, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as Dell, and UPS at IEEE Member Discount Services Benefits
* Wolfram - Mathematica technical computing software, available to students and professional members worldwide
* GradFin- student loan refinance advisory available for US borrowers
* More new discounts coming in 2021
* Insurance Circuit, a free, monthly newsletter from Mercer, which covers news and information about the IEEE Member Group Insurance Program and financial wellbeing.
* Marketplace, a new platform for a changing variety of time-sensitive and exclusive discounts on products and services.
* An opportunity to be part of a society which is changing the world.
Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626
EGRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the eGrid at no cost to the eGRID and receive it twice a month. These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe to your current email address, and you are an IEEE member, send a separate email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with subscribe e-GRID-I FirstName LastName in the BODY of the email. Substitute e-GRID if not an IEEE member.
Be sure to email from the account in which the subscription is emailed, not one which "points" at the real email address. If you have trouble with this, please email me directly at email@example.com.
See job search tips on the Employment page. Link is in the sidebar on the left.
If you are currently unemployed and wish to seek employment in the eGrid, please email me your name, the work you are looking for (in a few words), your email address, and LinkedIn contact info. There is no charge for this service.
Business Development, Sales, Marketing. 30 years of VP & Director level experience. Would like a fulfilling job in GreenTech. Pete Christensen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software project management, Linux administration, F1 visa and need sponsorship. Been working since 2004. Shahadat Hossain.
Developer & Cloud DevOPS w/ 11 years Unix/Linux, 6 years Colloidal & Surface Chemistry, developing prototype MESH drone swam for pollution/bacteria & virus monitoring, Joschka-Joseph Anderso, email@example.com
Development Engineer with 10+ years experience in the Thin Film and Laser industry, MS in Statistics, looking for a new position in Process Development / Metrology Engineering. Stan Louie
DESIGN AND AUTOMATION OF ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS
Attend the Design Automation Conference (DAC) on July 10-14 at the Moscone West Center in San Francisco for hands on training, tutorials, Tech Talks, Skytalks, panels, and presentations on:
* Artificial Intelligence
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER WITH ADDITIONAL EDUCATION
You are cordially invited to attend the RF and wireless training courses listed below by Besser Associates, the worldwide leader in RF and wireless training.
Applied RF Engineering II - Wireless Digital Signals, Starts July 15, On Demand, Online
For the complete schedule please visit: BesserAssociates.com.
SCU Engineering: Leading the way to a sustainable future.
Engineering with a MissionThe Sobrato Campus for Discovery and Innovation is the new home for the Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics, built to support collaboration across traditional disciplines. Find or fuel your passion in one or more of our interdisciplinary labs.
* Tackle problems at the nanoscale in our Center for Nanostructures.
To obtain more information on SCU's School of Engineering, please contact Stacey Tinker, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-554-4313.
IEEE CHAPTER AND SOCIETY EVENTS
7/12, 8:00 am, SCV CS, ICADS ‘22, Hybrid Event
Register to attend this free half-day virtual conference to get insights into Fuzzy Loss functions for GANs, Learning Analytics, Next Generation AI and Sustainability, and Deep Learning for Melodic Frameworks featuring researchers from four countries.
7/21, 8:00 am, SFBA EPS REL, In-situ Monitoring of Thermo-mechanical Induced Stress in ASICs and Electronic Control Units, WebEx
8/2, 6:00 pm, SCV CS, A New Approach for Storage-Centric Computers, Virtual Event
8/11, 8:00 am, SFBA EPS, PHOT, Glass-Based Quantum Photonic Packaging At Fraunhofer IZM, WebEx
9/21, 12:00 pm, SCV CTSoc, Endpoint AI Requires Innovative Solutions for Compute, Memory, and Power, Virtual Event
PUBLISH YOUR TECHNICAL ARTICLES IN THE IEEE EGRID
Is there an interest in seeing links to technical articles in the IEEE eGrid, submitted by the members on this distribution list? Would you be interested in submitting these articles? Please respond to the IEEE eGrid Editor, Sandra Winkler, email@example.com.
IEEE Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area
* Antenna and Propagation Society (APS) * Blockchain (BC) * Circuits & Systems Society (CASS) * Consultants' Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV)* Consumer Technology Society (CTSoc) * Control Systems Society (CSS) * Communications Society (ComSoc) * Computer Society (CS)* Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) * Corporate Liaison Program (CLP) * Electron Devices Society (EDS) * Electronic Packaging Society (EPS) * Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) * Engineering In Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS) * Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Industry Engagement (IE) * Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IMS) * Life Members Affinity Group (LMAG)* Magnetics Society (MAG) * MEMS & Sensors Council (MEMS) * Microwave Theory & Techniques (MTT) * Nanotechnology Council(NANO) * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences (NUE) * Photonics (PHOT)* Power & Energy Society (PES) & Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Power Electronics Society (PELS) * Product Safety Engineering (PSE) * Reliability (REL) * Robotics & Automation (RAS) * Silicon Valley Sustainability Chapter (SUST) * Signal Processing Society (SPS) * Silicon Valley Technology History Committee (SVTHC) * Society for Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) * Solid State Circuits Society (SSCS) * Startup Special Interest Group (SIG) * Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) * Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) * Women In Engineering Affinity Group (WIE) * Young Professionals Affinity Group (YP)