The eGrid is updated daily. Put on your favorites list:
www.egrid.biz or ewh.ieee.org/council/sfba/index.html
The egrid.biz URL is graciously paid for by software consultant Brian Berg, of CNSV
Let me know if you would like the mobile friendly version emailed out to you on a separate distribution list.
The eGrid is owned by the SF Bay Area Council (SFBAC)
IEEE Benefits and Information, including upcoming historic milestone events
Employment, job hunting tips, opportunities, and those looking for employment.Google Calendar to copy events to your own calendar
Computer History Museum. IEEE members get 50% discount on membership.
Advertise in the eGrid! See eGRID Ad Opportunies.pdf. The eGrid has more than 32,000 subscribers. Contact Sandra Winkler, Editor, at email@example.com.
UCSC Extension will be hosting a Career and Internship Fair on
September 29, from 5–7:30 p.m
at the UC Santa Cruz Silicon Valley Campus, 3175 Bowers Ave., Santa Clara. See ucsc-extension.edu/events/level-up-career-internship-fair-2022/ for more information.
The College of Engineering at San Jose State University, sjsu.edu/engineering/, invites applicants for lecturer positions in all engineering disciplines. Three online information sessions will be held on 10/7, 11/4, and 12/2 at 4 pm. Please use the following link for registering for the sessions: forms.gle/xNTfzDvLtMxmv9G69.
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
The Sobrato Campus for Discovery and Innovation, the new STEM facility, is now open; includes new upgrades such as a Raman spectrophotometer. See the ad below right for more information.
CALL FOR PAPERS
24th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED'23)| Call for Papers, due October 9, 2022.
ISQED caters to manufacturing, design and EDA. Papers desired involving high level design, circuit design (digital, analog, mixed-signal, RF), test & verification, design automation tools; processes; flows, device modeling, semiconductor technology, advance packaging, and biomedical & bioelectronic devices. This conference will take place in April of 2023.
PROFESSIONAL WEBINARS, CONFERENCES, AND EVENTS
October 7, 2022, 8:00am to 4:30pm, SCV PES/IAS, at the Delta by Marriott, Santa Clara. Powering the Next Electric Revolution, An Engineering Seminar on designing electrical power systems.
Keynote from NASA Ames; Blockchain and the Grid; Inverter Based Medium Voltage Microgrids, Microgrid Design & Simulation; Arc Flash for PV; EV Charging Load Management; and more. Registration required by September 23.
Santa Clara Valley Joint Chapter of
24th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED'23), April, 2023
See job search tips on the Employment page. Link is in the sidebar on the left.
If you are currently unemployed and wish to seek employment in the eGrid, please email me your name, the work you are looking for (in a few words), your email address, and LinkedIn contact info. There is no charge for this service.
Control systems/ embedded programming, simulation, 40+ years experience, full or part time, Brian Tremaine, tel 669-273-6035
Business Development, Sales, Marketing. 30 years of VP & Director level experience. Would like a fulfilling job in GreenTech. Pete Christensen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software project management, Linux administration, F1 visa and need sponsorship. Been working since 2004. Shahadat Hossain.
Developer & Cloud DevOPS w/ 11 years Unix/Linux, 6 years Colloidal & Surface Chemistry, developing prototype MESH drone swam for pollution/bacteria & virus monitoring, Joschka-Joseph Anderso, email@example.com
Development Engineer with 10+ years experience in the Thin Film and Laser industry, MS in Statistics, looking for a new position in Process Development / Metrology Engineering. Stan Louie
VOLUNTEER AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
More detail on these volunteer opportunities is available on the Volunteer Opportunities page. The link is in the far left column.
Healthy Cities Tutoring, Help a K-8th grade student with reading, writing, math, homework, organization, study skills, self esteem. 45 minutes a week; training and support provided.
Partner with science teachers of K-8 students - topsofscv.org
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com!
Have you ever thought about teaching? Learn more and Apply for the EnCorps Fellowship for STEM Professionals - encorps.org
Project Open NanoCarbon - Monthly meetups/opensci journal club to research, build and deploy open hardware to rapidly solidify gigatonnes of carbon from atmospheric CO2.
Advise & mentor underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs. Flexible time commitment. Business and technology experienced professionals browse details, and apply to join at skysthelimit.org
EGRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the eGrid at no cost to the eGRID and receive it twice a month. These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe to your current email address, and you are an IEEE member, send a separate email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with subscribe e-GRID-I FirstName LastName in the BODY of the email. Substitute e-GRID if not an IEEE member.
Be sure to email from the account in which the subscription is emailed, not one which "points" at the real email address. If you have trouble with this, please email me directly at email@example.com.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER WITH ADDITIONAL EDUCATION
You are cordially invited to attend the RF and wireless training courses listed below by Besser Associates, the worldwide leader in RF and wireless training.
RF Technology Certification, New session starting soon, On Demand, Online
For the complete schedule please visit: BesserAssociates.com.
SCU Engineering: Leading the way to a sustainable future.
Engineering with a MissionThe Sobrato Campus for Discovery and Innovation is the new home for the Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics, built to support collaboration across traditional disciplines. Find or fuel your passion in one or more of our interdisciplinary labs.
* Tackle problems at the nanoscale in our Center for Nanostructures.
To obtain more information on SCU's School of Engineering, please contact Stacey Tinker, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-554-4313.
IEEE CHAPTER AND SOCIETY EVENTS
10/4, 9:00 am, SCV CS, Android Mobile Malware Detection Models – A Schematic View,Virtual Event
Free #IEEEDay virtual technical talk to get insights into permission pairs in android phones, dynamic network traffic-based and machine learning based approaches, and more. Speaker is IIT, Roorkee Associate Professor Sateesh K. Peddoju, Ph.D.
10/4, 6:15 pm, SCV, Exploring the math in Support Vector Machines,Virtual Event
10/6, 7:00 pm, SCV TEMS, An Entrepreneural Mindset for Technology Leaders and ScientistsVirtual Event
10/07, 8:30 am to 4:30pm, SCV PES/IAS, Powering the Energy Revolution, An Engineering Seminar, Delta Hotels Santa Clara Silicon Valley
10/11, 7:00 pm, SCV CNSV, Netflix's Cloud Filesystem for Streaming Content, Virtual Event
10/12, 5:00 pm, SCV PSES, Software as a Medical Device (SaMD), Virtual Event
10/13, 11:30 am, SFBA NANO, Nanomaterial-Enabled Soft Electronics, Virtual Event
10/18, 6:00 pm, SCV SUST, Enabling Distributed Ammonia Production with Microwaves, Zoom
10/19, 12:00 pm, SFBA CS, Tech Talk: Deep Symbolic Optimization: A framework for symbolic optimization using deep learning, Virtual Event
10/27, 11:00 am, SFBA PELS, Disturbance-Free BIST Techniques for Loop Characterization of DC-DC and LDO, Virtual Event
10/27, 11:30 am, SFBA NANO, Nanotechnology + Synthetic Biology: Directing Evolution of Energy Materials, Virtual Event
10/27, 6:00 pm, SCV CASS, Memristor Circuits and Systems, Virtual Event
11/2, 9:00 am, SCV CS, Quantifying Configuration Health of Software Systems,Virtual Event
IEEE Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area
* Antenna and Propagation Society (APS) * Blockchain (BC) * Circuits & Systems Society (CASS) * Consultants' Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV)* Consumer Technology Society (CTSoc) * Control Systems Society (CSS) * Communications Society (ComSoc) * Computer Society (CS)* Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) * Corporate Liaison Program (CLP) * Electron Devices Society (EDS) * Electronic Packaging Society (EPS) * Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) * Engineering In Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS) * Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Industry Engagement (IE) * Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IMS) * Life Members Affinity Group (LMAG)* Magnetics Society (MAG) * MEMS & Sensors Council (MEMS) * Microwave Theory & Techniques (MTT) * Nanotechnology Council(NANO) * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences (NUE) * Photonics (PHOT)* Power & Energy Society (PES) & Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Power Electronics Society (PELS) * Product Safety Engineering (PSE) * Reliability (REL) * Robotics & Automation (RAS) * Silicon Valley Sustainability Chapter (SUST) * Signal Processing Society (SPS) * Silicon Valley Technology History Committee (SVTHC) * Society for Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) * Solid State Circuits Society (SSCS) * Startup Special Interest Group (SIG) * Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) * Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) * Women In Engineering Affinity Group (WIE) * Young Professionals Affinity Group (YP)
IEEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include:
* Free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum
* Access to a library of publications and published papers
* Join a standards working group
* Join a chapter or society and have a positive impact on your career and industry
* Advance your career with networking opportunities
* Gain access to Collabratec for job seekers
* Receive discounts on home, auto, travel, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as Dell, and UPS at IEEE Member Discount Services Benefits
* Wolfram - Mathematica technical computing software, available to students and professional members worldwide
* GradFin- student loan refinance advisory available for US borrowers
* More new discounts coming in 2021
* Insurance Circuit, a free, monthly newsletter from Mercer, which covers news and information about the IEEE Member Group Insurance Program and financial wellbeing.
* Marketplace, a new platform for a changing variety of time-sensitive and exclusive discounts on products and services.
* An opportunity to be part of a society which is changing the world.
Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626