The eGrid is updated daily. Put on your favorites list:
This URL is graciously paid for by software consultant Brian Berg, of CNSV
Let me know if you would like the mobile friendly version emailed out to you on a separate distribution list.
The eGrid is owned by the SF Bay Area Council (SFBAC)
IEEE Benefits and Information, including upcoming historic milestone events
Employment, job hunting tips, opportunities, and those looking for employment.Google Calendar to copy events to your own calendar
Computer History Museum. IEEE members get 50% discount on membership.
Advertise in the eGrid! See eGRID Ad Opportunies.pdf. The eGrid has more than 32,000 subscribers. Contact Sandra Winkler, Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The economy is opening up; post your job opportunities here.
PROFESSIONAL WEBINARS, CONFERENCES, AND EVENTS
May 3-6, 2021, Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Conference (ASMC) 2021, Virtual and New York
ASMC is the leading international technical conference for exploring solutions to improve the collective microelectronics manufacturing expertise. ASMC provides an unparalleled platform for semiconductor professionals to network and learn the latest in the practical application of advanced manufacturing strategies and methodologies.
June 1 - July 4, 2021, Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), Virtual Event
June 22-24, 2021, WITI Global Summit, Virtual Event
October 10-14, 2021, Save the date for the 13th Annual IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), Vancouver, Canada
December 5-9, 2021, 58th Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco
CONTRACT DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICES
Need Help Bringing Your Product to Life?
Cardinal Peak provides completed & tested designs ready to deploy.
* Connected Audio, Video, & IoT Products.
* Expertise in Hardware, Embedded SW, Cloud Services, & User Apps.
* 120+ Employees, 18 Years in Business, USA Based.
SOFTWARE SALES AND EDUCATION
Ozen Engineering, Inc., an Elite ANSYS Channel Partner, offers customers ANSYS software products, Technical support, Training, and Consulting.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER WITH ADDITIONAL EDUCATION
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension - A legacy of more than 50 years of personalized classroom experience—now bringing that to your home — live, online professional courses for every stage of your career. Follow this link to browse upcoming courses.
3175 Bowers Ave., Santa Clara, CA 95054; Email: email@example.com; Phone: 408-861-3700
SCU Engineering: Leading the way to a sustainable future.
Engineering with a MissionHumanitarian Mission
Santa Clara University's School of Engineering has several programs that address humanitarian themes, such as the projects run through Engineers Without Borders and the Frugal Innovation Hub. A new Robotic Systems Laboratory initiative focuses on the use of advanced technologies to address acute humanitarian needs associated with natural and man-made disasters, pandemics, refugee migrations, and the aftermath of regional conflicts.
To obtain more information on SCU's School of Engineering, please contact Stacey Tinker, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-554-4313.
CANDIDATES FOR THE OFFICE OF 2022 PRESIDENT-ELECT
Following is the slate of candidates for the office of 2022 IEEE President-Elect, listed in alphabetical order:
Francis B. Grosz (Nominated by IEEE Board of Directors)
Saifur Rahman (Nominated by Petition)
S.K. Ramesh (Nominated by IEEE Board of Directors)
A minimum number of signatures are required to become a candidate. Petition available for signatures to become an IEEE President-Elect:
MGA IEEE LEADERSHIP AWARD RECIPIENT
Tom Coughlin received a Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Leadership Award in 2020. This is a very prestigious award for the outstanding contributions Tom has made to numerous IEEE activities and for the example he set in carrying forward the goals and objectives of the IEEE MGA Board. Among other IEEE volunteer leadership roles, Tom has served as President of IEEE-USA, Director of IEEE Region 6, Chair of the Santa Clara Valley Section, General Chair of the 2011 IEEE Sections Congress, and Chair of several Chapters in the SCV section, including the SCV SSIT Chapter which Tom started in 2020.
VOLUNTEER AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Partner with science teachers of K-8 students - topsofscv.org
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have you ever thought about teaching? Learn more and Apply for the EnCorps Fellowship for STEM Professionals - encorps.org
Project Open NanoCarbon - Monthly meetups/opensci journal club to research, build and deploy open hardware to rapidly solidify gigatonnes of carbon from atmospheric CO2.
Advise & mentor underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs. Flexible time commitment. Business and technology experienced professionals browse details, and apply to join at skysthelimit.org
EGRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the eGrid at no cost to the eGRID and receive it twice a month. These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe to your current email address, and you are an IEEE member, send a separate email to
email@example.com with subscribe e-GRID-I FirstName LastName in the BODY of the email. Substitute e-GRID if not an IEEE member.
Be sure to email from the account in which the subscription is emailed, not one which "points" at the real email address. If you have trouble with this, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension ONE COURSE | Move your career forward
Build your skills in mentored courses. See ad below.
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
Empower your future with a Master's degree in Artificial Intelligence from San Jose State University's Engineering Extended Studies department. This includes advanced knowledge and skills that underlie AI including machine learning, deep learning, and how to apply them in different engineering fields. SJSU offers evening classes at a convenient off-campus location.
Effective Training Associates
IEEE CHAPTER AND SOCIETY EVENTS
4/15, 7:00 pm, SCV SPS, Edge AI Based Visual Assistance System Using OAK-D Sensor, Virtual Event
4/20, 12:00 pm, SCV YP, Cracking Deep Tech Investments, Grants and Go To Market, Virtual Event
4/20, 1:30 pm, SVTHC LMAG CNSV, Hubble Telescope Spacecraft, Virtual Event
4/21, 3:30 pm, SFBA NANO, 5th Annual Company Origin Stories - Exploring Entrepreneurship, Virtual Event
4/21, 6:30 pm, SCV MTT, Persistent, Autonomous Environmental Monitoring for Timely Wildfire Detection (PANTHER), Virtual Event
4/22, 12:00 pm, SFBA EPS, Packaging and Interconnect Technologies for Cryogenic and Quantum Systems, WebEx
4/23, 12:00 pm, SFBA EDS, An Addiction to Low Cost Per Memory Bit – How to Recognize it and What to Do About it, Virtual Event
4/27, 6:00 pm, SCV YP, AI Speech Talk from Facebook ML Engineer: Speech Synthesis after WaveNet, Virtual Event
4/29, 5:50 pm, SCV CAS, Integrated Chip-Scale Solutions for Electromagnetic Synthesis and Control, Zoom
5/6, 12:00 pm, SFBA EPS, Results of Low-Temperature Polyimide Processing for Interconnect RDL in Next-Generation 3D Advanced IC Backend Applications, WebEx
5/6, 7:00 pm, SCV TEMS, Collaborative Leadership of Startups, Virtual Event
5/11, 1:30 pm, SVTHC SCV MAG, Storage Interfaces, Virtual Event
5/13, 12:00 pm, SFBA EPS, 3D Packaging for Superconducting Qubits , WebEx
6/10, 8:00 am, SFBA EPS, Bonding Technology For Next-Generation Packaging Integration Schemes , WebEx
6/17, 8:00 am, SFBA EPS, Scalable Highly-Integrated Photonics Packaging for the 5G World: From Datacenters to Drones, WebEx
7/8, 12:00 pm, SFBA EPS, Use of Flash Lamps to Achieve Non-equilibrium Soldering and Assembly using Conventional Solder Alloys, WebEx
Oakland East Bay Section
4/15, 6:00 pm, OEB IAS, Balancing Reliability and Cybersecurity with OT Cryptographic Security Controls, WebEx
Market pressure for cryptographic security controls; reconsider design and implementation strategies; concerns and contrast with the goals of safety, reliability, and availability of critical embedded devices.
4/28, 12:00 pm , OEB LMAG, Searching for Dark Matter, Virtual Event
OEB PES, Speakers and topics of interest requested! Let us know what topics you would like to know about so we can better meet the needs of our community. Please contact Rosanna Lerma at email@example.com.
San Francisco Section
IEEE San Francisco Section is excited to announce the new Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group. Join the group and take advantage of technical and professional activities empowering Women in Engineering. If you're interested, please contact the Group Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include:
* Free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum
* Access to a library of publications and published papers
* Join a standards working group
* Join a chapter or society and have a positive impact on your career and industry
* Advance your career with networking opportunities
* Gain access to Collabratec for job seekers
* Receive discounts on home, auto, travel, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as Dell, and UPS at IEEE Member Discount Services Benefits
* Wolfram - Mathematica technical computing software, available to students and professional members worldwide
* GradFin- student loan refinance advisory available for US borrowers
* More new discounts coming in 2021
* Insurance Circuit, a free, monthly newsletter from Mercer, which covers news and information about the IEEE Member Group Insurance Program and financial wellbeing.
* Marketplace, a new platform for a changing variety of time-sensitive and exclusive discounts on products and services.
* An opportunity to be part of a society which is changing the world.
Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626
Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area
* Antenna and Propagation Society (APS) * Blockchain (BC) * Circuits & Systems Society (CASS) * Consultant's Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV)* Consumer Technology Society (CTSoc) * Control Systems Society (CSS) * Communications Society (ComSoc) * Computer Society (CS)* Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) * Electronic Packaging Society (EPS) * Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) * Engineering In Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS) * Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IMS) * Life Members Affinity Group (LMAG)* Magnetics Society (MAG) * MEMS & Sensors Council (MEMS) * Microwave Theory & Techniques (MTT) * Nanotechnology Council(NANO) * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences (NUE) * Photonics (PHOT)* Power & Energy Society (PES) & Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Power Electronics Society (PELS) * Product Safety Engineering (PSE) * Reliability (REL) * Robotics & Automation (RAS) * Sustainability (SUST) * Signal Processing Society (SPS) * Silicon Valley Technology History Committee (SVTHC) * Society for Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) * Solid State Circuits Society (SSCS) * Startup Special Interest Group (SIG) * Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) * Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) * Women In Engineering Affinity Group (WIE) * Young Professionals Affinity Group (YP)
See job search tips on the Employment page. Link is in the sidebar on the left.
If you are currently unemployed and wish to seek employment in the eGrid, please email me your name, the work you are looking for (in a few words), your email address, and LinkedIn contact info. There is no charge for this service.
Developer & Cloud DevOPS w/ 11 years Unix/Linux, 6 years Colloidal & Surface Chemistry, developing prototype MESH drone swam for pollution/bacteria & virus monitoring, Joschka-Joseph Anderso, email@example.com
Development Engineer with 10+ years experience in the Thin Film and Laser industry, MS in Statistics, looking for a new position in Process Development / Metrology Engineering. Stan Louie