Let me know if you would like the mobile friendly version emailed out to you on a separate distribution list.
Mobile Friendly View
The eGrid is owned by the SF Bay Area Council (SFBAC)
IEEE Benefits and Information, including upcoming historic milestone events
Employment, job hunting tips, opportunities, and those looking for employment.Google Calendar to copy events to your own calendar
Computer History Museum. IEEE members get 50% discount on membership.
The eGrid is updated daily. Put on your favorites list:
This URL is graciously paid for by software consultant Brian Berg, of CNSV
Advertise in the eGrid! See eGRID Ad Opportunies.pdf. The eGrid has more than 32,000 subscribers. Contact Sandra Winkler, Editor, at email@example.com.
PROFESSIONAL WEBINARS, CONFERENCES, AND EVENTS
July 20-23, 2020, VIRTUAL SEMICON West 2020, Virtual Event
The All-In Pass gives you easy access to all SEMICON West programs and exhibits for 60 days! Join us online from the comfort of your home or work office using any mode of connection. Save $100 - Early Bird Ends June 21. Easy Access to All Programs at SEMICON West 2020.
July 20-24, 2020, 57th Design Automation Conference (DAC), Virtual Conference
August 4-6, 2020, Venture Summit, Virtual Connect, Virtual Event
September 15-17, 2020, Commercial UAV Expo, Virtual Event
December 7-11, 2020, IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), beautiful Taipei, Taiwan!
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER WITH ADDITIONAL EDUCATION
You are cordially invited to attend the RF and wireless training courses listed below by Besser Associates, the worldwide leader in RF and wireless training.
RF Technology Certification, Next scheduled on demand session starts soon, Online
RF Mentor Academy Subscription, Start Anytime, On Demand, Online
For the complete schedule please visit: BesserAssociates.com.
Leading the way to a sustainable future.
The SCU Engineering has one of the best graduate programs in the nation because it has it all: a team of highly dedicated professors, the flexibility to earn a degree while working, and a world-class Silicon Valley campus with strong industry connections.
M.S. Programs Ph.D. Programs by Department
Certificate Programs designed to provide intensive background in a narrow area at the graduate level.
IEEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Thinking of becoming a member of IEEE? Benefits include:
* Free subscription to the IEEE Spectrum
* Access to a library of publications and published papers
* Join a standards working group
* Join a chapter or society and have a positive impact on your career and industry
* Advance your career with networking opportunities
* Gain access to Collabratec for job seekers
* Receive discounts on home, auto, travel, health, dental, and life insurance, as well as Dell, and UPS at IEEE Member Discount Services Benefits
* Marketplace - a new platform for a changing variety of time-sensitive and exclusive discounts on products and services at Marketplace.
* An opportunity to be part of a society which is changing the world.
Please use Sandra Winkler as a referral, member #85012626
See job search tips on the Employment page. Link is in the sidebar on the left.
If you are currently unemployed and wish to seek employment in the eGrid, please email me your name, the work you are looking for (in a few words), your email address, and LinkedIn contact info. There is no charge for this service.
Seeking internship in the area of nanoparticles for breast cancer cell research. Currently doing research in this area with Professor Folarin Erogbogbo at SJSU. Pavitra Jain
Developer & Cloud DevOPS w/ 11 years Unix/Linux, 6 years Colloidal & Surface Chemistry, developing prototype MESH drone swam for pollution/bacteria & virus monitoring, Joschka-Joseph Anderso, firstname.lastname@example.org
EGRID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
We invite any SF Bay Area engineer/developer/manager to subscribe to the eGrid at no cost to the eGRID and receive it twice a month.
These subscribers are maintained on the IEEE's secure ListServ system, and you can subscribe/unsubscribe at any time.
To subscribe your current email address, and you are an IEEE member, send a separate email to
email@example.com with e-GRID-I FirstName LastName in the BODY of the email. Substitute e-GRID if not an IEEE member.
Be sure to email from the account in which the subscription is emailed, not one which "points" at the real email address.
The Worldwide Leader in RF and Wireless Training. Online classes available now; see ad below left
Effective Training Associates
ValleyML Machine Learning and Deep Learning Boot Camp - 2020. Virtual Live Boot Camp from July 14th-Sept 10th. Machine Learning / Deep Learning principles; apply to real-world problems. 25% discount by July 1st. Register for the entire boot camp, customized packages, or individual courses. Earn IEEE PDH Certificate.
Santa Clara University Graduate Engineering
SOFTWARE SALES AND EDUCATION
Ozen Engineering, Inc., an Elite ANSYS Channel Partner, offers customers ANSYS software products, Technical support, Training, and Consulting.
CHAPTER AND SOCIETY EVENTS
Santa Clara Valley Section
The PhotoVoltaic Chapter is refocusing to become SCVS, the Santa Clara Valley Sustainability Chapter. They will be hosting their first executive meeting on Wednesday, August 5th, at 8pm and will be electing officers.
7/22, 1:30 pm, SCV HIST, Video Conferencing: Silicon Valley's 50-Year History, Virtual Event
Learn about the technology behind all of today's online events
7/23, 8:00 am, SFBA EPS PHOT EDS, Co-Design for Heterogeneous Integration, Virtual Event
7/24, 12:00 pm, SFBA EDS, Distinguished Lecture: Differentiated Fully Depleted SOI (FDSOI) Technology for Highly Efficient and Integrated mmWave Wireless Connectivity Solution, Webex
9/22, 12:00 pm, SCV CES EMBS, Medical Wearable Device - a Non-Invasive Continuous Glucose Monitor and IoT, Webinar
10/8, 6:00 pm, SVTHC, Lockheed's Spy Satellite Programs, KeyPoint Credit Union, 2805 Bowers Ave (just off Central Expressway), Santa Clara
TBD, 6:30 pm, SFBA MEMS, MEMS Sensors: The Path to Mass Production , Qualcomm Building B Cafeteria, Room 132, 3165 Kifer Road, Santa Clara
TBD, 6:30, SCV CES, Flying Cars is Not Fiction: This is our Future , Nvidia Building E, 2800 Scott Boulevard, Santa Clara
Oakland East Bay Section
TBD, 11:30 am, OEB LMAG, The Early Development of Nuclear Forensics: A Personal View, Beebs Sport Bar and Grill, 915 Clubhouse Drive, Livermore
Useful for understanding the difficulty in getting something new started at a national level; glean lessons from the past that should be valuable for guiding the future development. $10 for lunch.
San Francisco Section
IEEE San Francisco Section is excited to announce the new Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group. Join the group and take advantage of technical and professional activities empowering Women in Engineering. If you're interested, please contact the Group Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 IEEE VIC SUMMIT AND HONORS CEREMONY
In place of the IEEE Vision Innovation Challenge (VIC) Summit and Honors Ceremony, starting on May 15, a series of specialized online promotions will showcase each recipient's contributions and their role in advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Please visit ieee-vics.org for details.
VOLUNTEER AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Partner with science teachers of K-8 students - topsofscv.org
School Science Presenters Wanted for AVS Science in Action - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have you ever thought about teaching? Learn more and Apply for the EnCorps Fellowship for STEM Professionals - encorps.org
Project Open NanoCarbon - Monthly meetups/opensci journal club to research, build and deploy open hardware to rapidly solidify gigatonnes of carbon from atmospheric CO2.
Advise & mentor underrepresented young adult entrepreneurs. Flexible time commitment. Business and technology experienced professionals browse details, and apply to join at skysthelimit.org
IEEE Computer will be publishing a special issue on the Next Wave of Machine Learning Applications in October 2020, featuring path-breaking applications of machine learning that are leading us to the next generation of computing and living standards. Guest Editor Dr. Vishnu S. Pendyala, the Vice Chair of the IEEE CS Silicon Valley chapter, is inviting people to submit contributions to computer.org/digital-library/magazines/co/call-for-papers-next-wave-of-machine-learning-applications-cfp. Questions should be submitted to Vishnu Pendyala at email@example.com.
Engineering chapters, societies, and affinity groups in the SF Bay Area
* Antenna and Propagation Society (APS) * Blockchain (BC) * Circuits & Systems Society (CASS) * Consultant's Network Affinity Group (CNSV) * Consumer Electronics Society (CES) * Control Systems Society (CSS) * Communications Society (ComSoc) * Computer Society (CS)* Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) * Electronic Packaging Society (EPS) * Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) * Engineering In Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS) * Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Instrumentation & Measurement Society (IMS) * Life Members Affinity Group (LMAG)* Magnetics Society (MAG) * MEMS & Sensors Council (MEMS) * Microwave Theory & Techniques (MTT) * Nanotechnology Council(NANO) * Nuclear & Plasma Sciences (NUE) * Photonics (PHOT) * PhotoVoltaics (PV)* Power & Energy Society (PES) & Industry Applications Society (IAS) * Power Electronics Society (PELS) * Product Safety Engineering (PSE) * Reliability (REL) * Robotics & Automation (RAS) * Santa Clara Sustainability Society (SCSS) * Signal Processing Society (SPS) * Silicon Valley Technology History Committee (SVTHC) * Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) * Solid State Circuits Society (SSCS) * Startup Interest Group (SIG) * Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) * Vehicular Technology Society (VTS) * Women In Engineering Affinity Group (WIE) * Young Professionals Affinity Group (YP)