Awards & Accolades
- Prof. Susmita Mitra , ISI has been awarded the prestigious J. C. Bose fellowship from Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Dr. Raghvendra Kumar Chaudhary, Department of Electronics Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM)
- Dhanbad, India has been conferred with the prestigious INAE Young Engineer Award 2020 in the INAE ANNUAL CONVENTION 2020.
- Prof Debatosh Guha has been elected Fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc), Bangalore .
- Prof. Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, Director ISI, Kolkata has been awarded Infosys Prize 2017 in Engineering and Computer Science.
- Dr. Subhransu Ranjan Samantaray, Secretary, IEEE Bhubaneswar Subsection, has been awarded IEEE India Council Outstanding Volunteer Award - 2017.
- Prof. Nikhil R. Pal of ECSU, Indian Statistical Institute has been elected as President-Elect (2017) for IEEE Computational Intelligence Society.
- Prof Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay has been awarded prestigious J. C. Bose fellowship from Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Prof. Debatosh Guha has been conferred IEEE Fellow.
- Prof. Debatosh Guha has been appointed as an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.
- Prof. Debatosh Guha has been awarded by IETE for one of their highest recognition of "RAM LAL WADHWA AWARD".
- Prof. Rabindra Kishore Mishra has received INSA Teacher Award 2015
- Prof. Debatosh Guha has been selected as a fellow of "The National Academy of Sciences, India"
- Prof. Sanghamitra Bandopadhyay has been elevated to IEEE fellow
- Prof. Sivaji Chakravorti has been elected Chair-Elect 2015 of IEEE India Council.
- Prof. Subir Kumar Sarkar has been elected Distinguished Lecturer of IEEE Electron Device Society of Region 10 (Asia and Pacific).
- Prof Chandan kumar sarkar has been invited to serve as a Vice Chair of the EDS Region 10 SRC for the period of January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2016.
- Prof. Debatosh Guha has been invited to serve as an associate Editor of IEEE Antennas and wireless Propagation Letters on and from Janury 1, 2015.
- Prof. Amit Konar has been elected Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE) in October, 2014.
|Prof. Ujjwal Maulik, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, has been elected as the fellow of IEEE.|
|2017 CHAPTER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD|
|IEEE CoMSoc Kolkata Chapter received CAA - 2017 CHAPTER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD|
|Winners of "IEEE MTT-S Outstanding Chapter Award, 2017"|
|AP/MTT Joint Chapter, IEEE Kolkata section has received IEEE MTT-S Outstanding Chapter Award, 2017.|
|Winners of "Early Membership Renewal Award of IEEE Kolkata Section"|
|Awarded to||Click Here for Detail
|Chapter Achievement Award - 2015|
CoMSOC Kolkata Chapter received the Chapter Achievement Award for 2015 with a Plaque and $900 grant
|High Performance Chapter (HPC) Grant : 2014|
IEEE PE Calcutta Chapter has been awarded the High Performance Chapter Grant by IEEE-PES for outstanding chapter activities: $810 in 2014
|Felicitation of Prof. Sankar K. Pal by IEEE Kolkata Section 2013|
Prof. Sankar Pal, Fellow of IEEE and Former Director of Indian Statistical Institute.
IEEE Kolkata Section felicitated its eminent member Prof. Sankar Pal, former Director of Indian Statistical Institute, on the occasion of being bestowed with the Padma Shri Award (2013) by Government of India.
|Awards given by IEEE Calcutta Section in 2012|
|Awards given by IEEE Calcutta Section in 2011|
|Awards given by IEEE Calcutta Section in 2010|
|IEEE Third Millennium Medals|
Following the recommendation of IEEE Calcutta Section, duly approved by the Executive Committee of the section, IEEE awarded Third Millennium Medals to:
In May 1999 IEEE established a new Institute-wide medals program to mark the new millennium and honor the members who have been selected by their societies, sections and major boards for outstanding contributions. A total of 3000 Millennium Medals were allotted among societies, sections and boards. The medal distribution per entity was determined by membership size, excluding students, as on 31st December 1998. The selection criteria for the sections were outstanding contributions to the section, chapter or the community.
Sections having membership strength within the range 301-1000 as on 31.12.1998 were given seven medals each. IEEE Calcutta Section having membership strength as on 31.12.1998 of 966 also got 7 medals.
|Third Millennium Medals of IEEE Calcutta Section|
IEEE Calcutta Section instituted Third Millennium Medals to be given to 4 of its members for outstanding contributions. The recipients are:
IEEE Calcutta Section followed the same criteria as set forth by IEEE in the earlier occasion mentioned above.