IEEE NPSS and NMISC
Edward J Hoffman Medical Imaging Scientist Award
Deadline: 15 July each year
- DESCRIPTION: This award is given annually (previously only in in even-numbered years) to an individual in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of medical imaging science. The award, consisting of $3,000, a certificate, and a plaque, is presented at the IEEE Medical Imaging Conference.
- SELECTION CRITERIA: In selecting the recipient of this award, primary consideration will be given to the impact and innovativeness of a nominee's research in the field of medical imaging science. Other factors include a nominee's research contributions over a career and his/her influence on medical imaging science through education.
- ELIGIBILITY: The nominee is not required to be a member of the NPSS or IEEE but, where candidates have otherwise equal qualifications, preference shall be given to the candidate who is a member of the IEEE.
Nomination form (Microsoft Word RTF)
Nomination form (PDF format)
- Address nominations, inquiries, and correspondence to:
Glenn Wells, PhD
Awards/Fellows Sub-Committee Chair
- 1996 - Robert N Beck, University of Chicago
- 1998 - W Leslie Rogers, University of Michigan
- 2000 - Harrison H Barrett, University of Arizona
- 2002 - Edward J Hoffman, University of California - Los Angeles
- 2004 - Gerd Muehllehner, ADAC UGM
- 2006 - Ronald J Jaszczak, Duke University
- 2007 - Ronald H Huesman, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
- 2008 - Christopher J Thompson, McGill University
- 2009 - Benjamin M. W. Tsui, Johns Hopkins University
- 2010 - Richard Leahy, University of Southern California
- 2011 - Michel Defrise, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- 2012 - Simon Cherry, University of California, Davis
- 2013 - Jeff Fessler, University of Michigan, Michigan