IEEE NPSS and NMISC
Bruce Hasegawa Young Investigator Medical Imaging Science Award
Deadline: 15 July each year
- DESCRIPTION: This award is given annually (previously only in in odd-numbered years) to a young individual in recognition of significant and innovative technical contributions to the field of medical imaging science. The award, consisting of $1,500, a certificate, and a plaque, is presented at the IEEE Medical Imaging Conference.
- SELECTION CRITERIA: Nominees will be judged according to their contributions to medical imaging science as demonstrated by the technical merit and creativity of their research. Priority will be given to nominees whose research has been published in peer-reviewed journals, especially if the nominee is the first author.
- ELIGIBILITY: Graduate students or other individuals, whose highest degree was awarded no more than six years prior to the date of nomination.
- Forms: Nomination form (Microsoft Word RTF)
Nomination form (PDF)
- Address nominations, inquiries, and correspondence to:
Glenn Wells, PhD
Awards/Fellows Sub-Committee Chair
- 1997 - Paul Kinahan, University of Pittsburgh / Martin Tornai, Duke University (shared)
- 1999 - Freek Beekman, Utrecht University Hospital
- 2001 - Jinyi Qi, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
- 2003 - Habib Zaidi, Geneva University Hospital
- 2005 - Patrick LaRiviere, University of Chicago
- 2006 - Suleman Surti, University of Pennsylvania Health System
- 2007 - William Paul Segars, Duke University
- 2008 - Katsuyuki Taguchi, Johns Hopkins University
- 2009 - Katia Parodi, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2010 - Xin He, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- 2011 - Abhijit J. Chaudhari, UC Davis Medical Center
- 2012 - Chi Liu, Yale University
- 2013 - Martin Judenhofer, University of California, Davies