The AEECT 2013 paper submission and review processes will be entirely electronic and will be conducted online using EDAS as described below:
· Paper Proposals: Authors who wish to participate in the conference need to register with the EDAS on-line submission system and then use it to submit their paper proposals.
o Technical Paper (up to 6 pages), The technical paper submission must be completed on or before the "Submission" deadline listed below.
- Review Process:Technical paper proposals will be reviewed, using the online review system, by experts selected by the conference Technical Program Committee for their demonstrated knowledge of relevant topics. The results of the review process will be posted on this website, and authors will also be notified by email. Review results will be ready by the "Authors Notifications" date shown below.
- Final Papers: Authors of accepted technical paper will prepare a final version of their paper and will submit it using the EDAS online submission system. The version of the final technical paper will be substantially the same as the technical paper proposal but will take into account reviewers' comments. The final paper must be completed and submitted on or before the "Final Submissions and Registrations" deadline listed below.
· Registration:The final version of an accepted paper will appear in the conference proceedings provided that at least one of the authors registers. This must be carried out on or before the "Final Submissions and Registrations" deadline shown below.
To make the review process easy for reviewers, and to assure that paper proposals and final papers are readable through the online review system, authors are asked to submit proposals that are formatted according to the instructions given below. Paper proposal document formatting is identical to final paper formatting. Paper proposals not conforming to the required format will be rejected without review. Similarly, final papers not conforming to the required format will not appear in the proceedings.
Authors are required to complete the procedures in the following list before the specified deadlines. Detailed guidelines for each of these procedures are provided below.
Submission Deadline: Jun 30, 2013
Authors Notifications: Sep 30, 2013
Final Submissions and Registrations: Oct, 1, 2013 -- Till Nov, 10, 2013
The Conference Dates: Dec 3-5, 2013
Please make sure that you put the conference name (AEECT 2013) and the paper number, assigned by the online submission system, on all correspondence. Additional inquiries regarding submission of papers should be directed to:
Dr. Mousa Al-Akhras, The University of Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Shadi Alboon, Yarmouk University, email@example.com
Papers should be formatted for standard A4 size paper using IEEE conference proceedings templates found on:
Use the following guidelines when preparing your proposal:
LENGTH: You are allowed a total of 6 pages:
This is the maximum number of pages that will be accepted, including all figures, tables, and references. Although not encouraged, authors can have papers longer than 6 pages, but not exceeding 8 pages. Each of the extra two pages will incur a fee. Any paper that exceeds the 8-page limit will be rejected without review.
LANGUAGE: All papers must be in English.
PAGE SIZE AND MARGINS:
· Papers should be formatted for standard A4 size (210 x 297 mm) paper.
· All printed material including text, illustrations, and charts, must be kept within the print area.
· The top, bottom, left, and right margins and the space between the two columns must be as set in the templates and not changed.
TYPEFACE: To achieve the best viewing experience for the review process and the conference proceedings Times-Roman font must be used. If a font face is used that is not recognized by the submission system, your paper will not be reproduced correctly. Use font sizes as used in the template.
TITLE: The title should be centered and in 24-points size. Do not use LaTeX math notation (e.g., $x_y$) in the title; the title must be representable in the Unicode character set. Also try to avoid uncommon acronyms in the title.
AUTHOR LIST: The authors' name(s) should appear below the title with capital and small letters. The authors' affiliation(s) should appear below the names with capital and small letters. The order of the authors on the document should exactly match in number and order the authors typed into the online submission form.
ABSTRACT: Each paper should contain an abstract of 75 to 150 words that appears at the beginning of the paper. Use the same text that is submitted electronically during the on-line submission process.
INDEX TERMS (KEYWORDS): Enter 4 to 6 keywords separated by semicolons. Keywords may be selected from the IEEE keyword list found at:
· Major headings appear centered in the column. Subheadings appear in italic capital and small letters. They start at the left margin of the column.
· All text must be fully justified with single-line spacing. All paragraphs within a section should be indented.
ILLUSTRATIONS AND COLOR:
· Illustrations must appear within the designated margins. They may span the two columns. If possible, position illustrations at the top or bottom of columns, rather than in the middle.
· Caption and number every illustration. Figures and tables should be numbered consecutively and separately from each other. The illustration number should be an Arabic number for figures and a Roman number for tables followed by a period, e.g. Figure 1. or TABLE I. The caption itself should not be in bold and should be centered below the figure or above the table.
· All halftone illustrations must be clear in black and white. Color illustrations will appear in the electronic version of the proceedings, but the printed version will be produced in black and white. Therefore, make sure that your illustrations are acceptable when printed in black and white.
EQUATIONS: Number equations consecutively with Arabic numbers in parentheses placed at the right hand margin of each column.
REFERENCES: List all references at the end of the paper. The references should be numbered in order of appearance in the document. Refer to IEEE conference proceedings template for more details.
FOOTNOTES: Use footnotes sparingly (or not at all) and place them at the bottom of the column on the page on which they are referenced. Use 8-point type, single-spaced. To help your readers, avoid using footnotes altogether and include necessary peripheral observations in the text (within parentheses, if you prefer, as in this sentence).
PAGINATION: Please do not paginate your proposal. We will add appropriate page numbers to accepted papers when the conference proceedings are assembled.
File Format: Papers must be submitted in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF). The “IEEE PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore” MUST be followed EXACTLY. This specification is found on:
The conference is required to ensure that documents follow this specification. Simplified requirements for creating PDF files for IEEE Xplore are enumerated in:
The submitted file:
· must not be in compressed format
· must not have Adobe Document Protection or Document Security enabled,
· must have 'A4' (210 x 297mm) sized pages,
· must be in first-page-first order, and
· must have ALL FONTS embedded and subset.
It particular, it is extremely important that ALL FONTS ARE EMBEDDED in the PDF file. There is no guarantee that the viewers of the paper (reviewers and those who view the proceedings electronically after publication) have the same fonts used in the document. If fonts are not embedded in the submission, you will be contacted and asked to submit a file that has all fonts embedded. Please refer to your PDF file generation utility's user guide to find out how to embed all fonts.
Filename: The filename of the document file is not important since the submission system will rename the file but please make sure that you use .pdf extension for the file. After you submit the paper, please make a note of your paper number and use it in all your correspondence.
File Size Limit: Authors will be permitted to submit a document file up to 4 MB (megabyte) in size. To request an exception, please contact the conference contact persons listed above.
Gathering the required information: When you have your document file ready, gather the following information before entering the submission system: Document file, Name, affiliation, address, and e-mail address of each author, Paper title, Text file containing paper abstract in ASCII text format (for copying and pasting into web page form).
Obtaining an EDAS account: Please obtain a username and password from the on-line submission system EDAS. This can be done in one of two ways:
· If you have used the EDAS system previously, for this or any other conference, then you already have an account on the system. Thus, there is no need to create a new account. Simply use your existing account. Your username will be your email. If you cannot remember your password then ask EDAS to email it to you by following the link EDAS PASSWORD REMINDER.
· If you are a new user of the EDAS system then create an new account by following the link NEW EDAS ACCOUNT.
Please make a note of your username and password as you will need them to make more submissions, edit existing submissions, update personal information, and submit final version of papers.
Submitting the proposal: Go to the paper submission page
AEECT 2013 Paper Submission Page (https://edas.info/N13697)
When you submit your proposal, you will be asked to enter the paper title, keywords, abstract text, subject category, and authors' contact information. You will also be asked to upload the file containing your proposal. Depending on the size of your file and your internet connection speed, the file upload may take a few minutes. If all necessary information has been entered, the system will display a short message giving you the ID number of your paper. You will also receive an e-mail notification with the details of your submission. If you do not see the confirmation page after uploading your file, you may not have successfully completed your file upload. If you encounter trouble, please contact the conference contact persons listed above.
Review Process: Your submitted paper proposal will be checked for errors and you will be notified if you need to re-submit your proposal. If your submission passes inspection, it will be entered into the review process. Depending on the subject of your proposal, the Technical Program Chairs will assign your technical paper to a committee of reviewers (not fewer than three reviewers) for their demonstrated knowledge in the subject of your proposal. The reviewers will review your proposal and will rate it according to quality, relevance, originality, and clarity of presentation. The conference Technical Program Committee will use these reviews to determine which papers will be accepted for presentation during the conference.
Review Results: The Technical Program Committee's decision will be posted on the website by the "Authors Notifications" deadline shown above. Authors can login using their online username and password and check the status of their paper and the reviewer comments. The review result, along with reviewer comments if any, will also be communicated to the submitting authors by email.
Revising Accepted Papers: If your paper is accepted by the review process for presentation and publication at AEECT 2013, you should prepare your final paper for submission. This will be substantially the same as the technical paper proposal but must take into account reviewers' comments. The AEECT 2013 Technical Program Committee reserves the right to reject a final paper if the reviewers' comments are not adequately addressed.
Final Paper Formatting: When preparing your final document, use the same formatting specifications described above. Final papers not conforming with the required format will not appear in the proceedings.
AEECT 2013 papers will be included in IEEE Xplore®. Therefore, all final paper files must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specifications for compatibility. If your final paper file is not IEEE Xplore-compliant then it will be automatically withdrawn from presentation and publication.
More details on creating IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF files can be found under "File Format" discussed in "Step 1: Prepare a properly formatted proposal" above.
In order to facilitate the process of creating and verifying PDF files, AEECT 2013 has registered for use of the IEEE tool: IEEE PDF eXpress Plus TM. This is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compliant PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore-compliance (PDF Check function).
In order to verify that your final paper is IEEE Xplore-compliant please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus site and log-in as follows:
First-time or Returning users:
a. Click "New Users - Click Here".
b. Enter 31497XP for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
c. Fill the needed information to Create Account and submit. Even if you have used those information previously for an account, you can use them again.
d. A message declaring an IEEE PDF express plus account is created will appear. Click on Continue button which will open your account home page and showing the title status.
2. Click on "Create New Title".
3. Enter a title information and click on “Submit file for Checking or Converting”.
4. You can then upload source file to convert it pdf or upload a pdf file for checking.
5. It is recommended to create a new account if you are returning later to use IEEE PDF express plus site.
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed. Take one of the following actions:
If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check:
a. Submit your source file for conversion by clicking "Try again", then "Submit Source Files for Conversion" OR
b. Read the PDF Check report, then click "The PDF Check Report" in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions OR
c. Click "Request Technical Help" through your account.
If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF:
a. Resubmit your source file with corrections by clicking "Try again", then "Submit Source Files for Conversion" OR
b. Submit a PDF by clicking "Try again", then "Submit PDF for Checking" OR
c. Click "Request a Manual Conversion" through your account.
If the PDF submitted passes the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-Converted PDF:
a. Log back into your PDF eXpress Plus account and approve your PDF for collection.
Note: Uploading a paper to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus is NOT the same as submitting the final paper for publication. You will still need to submit the checked PDF of your final paper through EDAS. Please refer to the AEECT 2013 online final paper submission guidelines below.
Final Paper Submission: You are required to submit the IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file of your final paper by the "Final Submissions and Registrations" deadline shown above. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED BEYOND THE DEADLINE. Kindly note that one of the authors must register (see Step 8) to enable submission of the final paper. Failure to meet the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Please follow the steps below to submit your final paper electronically:
1. Go to the on-line submission system EDAS and log-in using your EDAS account (this should be the same account you have used to submit the initial paper proposal). Your username will be your email. If you cannot remember your password then ask EDAS to email it to you by following the link EDAS PASSWORD REMINDER.
2. Click on the "My Papers" menu item at the top of the page. This will produce a list of all your papers on the EDAS system.
3. Click on the title of the paper that you want to submit. This will take you to the individual paper page that contains all details of the paper.
4. Make sure that all author information are stored correctly on EDAS and matches the information on the PDF file. Author information (e.g. names, affiliations, etc.) that will appear in conference publications and materials (e.g. Proceedings, program, badges, etc.) will be taken from the EDAS system and not from the submitted PDF file. In particular:
o Make sure that ALL paper authors are included on the author list on EDAS. If you need to add/delete an author then click on the "Add Author" icon within the "Authors" field.
o Make sure that the order of authors on EDAS is correct. If you need to change the order of authors then click on the "Move Author Up" and "Move Author Down" icons within the "Authors" field.
o Make sure that all authors update their profile (affiliation, email, country, etc.) on the EDAS system. To achieve this, the author needs to log-in to his/her EDAS account and click on the "My Profile" menu at the top of the page.
5. Make sure that all paper information are stored correctly on EDAS and matches the information on the PDF file. Paper information (title, abstract, keywords) that will appear in conference publications (e.g. book of abstracts, proceedings, CD-ROM, etc.) will be taken from the EDAS system and not from the submitted PDF file. If you need to modify paper information then click on the "Edit" icon next to the "Title" / "Abstract" / "Keywords" field.
6. Click on the "Upload Manuscript" icon within the "Final Manuscript" field. This will take you to a new page. Click on the "Browse" button and browse to your IEEE Xplore-compliant final PDF file. Click on the "Upload Manuscript" button to upload the selected file to the system. Depending on the size of your file and your internet connection speed, the file upload may take a few minutes. If the file is uploaded successfully then a confirmation message will be displayed. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation with the details of your submission. If you do not see the confirmation page after uploading your file, you may not have successfully completed your file upload. If you encounter trouble, please contact the conference.
Final Paper Inspection: Similar to the proposal submission, your final document will be checked to ensure that it meets all formatting and compatibility requirements to be included in a visually pleasing and IEEE Xplore-compliant proceedings. If we encounter errors in the appearance or compatibility of your document file, you will be contacted by email.
Copyright Form: Every AEECT 2013 paper accepted for presentation and publication MUST have attached to it an IEEE Copyright transfer form. You are required to submit the IEEE Copyright transfer form by the "Final Submissions and Registrations" deadline shown above. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED BEYOND THE DEADLINE. Failure to submit the IEEE Copyright transfer form by the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Please follow the steps below to submit your IEEE Copyright transfer form electronically:
1. Go to the on-line submission system EDAS and log-in using your EDAS account (this should be the same account you have used to submit the initial and final papers). Your username will be your email. If you cannot remember your password then ask EDAS to email it to you by following the link EDAS PASSWORD REMINDER.
2. Click on the "My Papers" menu item at the top of the page. This will produce a list of all your papers on the EDAS system.
3. Click on the title of the paper that you want to submit the copyright form for. This will take you to the individual paper page that contains all details of the paper.
4. Click on the "Record Copyright Form" icon within the "Copyright form" field. This will take you to a new page. Click on the "Copyright submission" button. This will take you to an IEEE Electronic Copyright Form page generated specifically for your paper. Follow the instructions there to submit an electronically signed copyright transfer form to IEEE. Note that once you perform this step successfully you will not need to fax or mail a paper copyright form.
Author Registration: The final version of your accepted paper will appear in the conference
proceedings provided that at least one of the authors registers. This must be
carried out on or before the "Final Submissions and Registrations"
deadline shown above. Registration fees and Instructions for registration are
available under the Registration section