ATTENTION!The call for papers deadline has been extended until the Friday 22nd of May 2015
Many thanks to those who have already submitted proposals!
The organizing committee are pleased to announce the 9th IEEE EMBS UK & Republic of Ireland Postgraduate Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics. Following on from previous successful conferences, PGBiomed 2015 will be taking place at the University of Liverpool from 14th -16th of July 2015.
University of Liverpool
From the first year the conference started running in 2001, the Postgraduate Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics has provided a supportive environment for postgraduates from the UK and Ireland to present their work, and to keep up to date with the newest research taking place in Universities across the country, and beyond. Following previous successful conferences, we are delighted to be hosting PGBiomed in Liverpool this year. This conference will consider a wide scope of biomedical engineering and medical physics being studied in the UK and RI. Specific themes for this conference include:
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging & Image Processing
- Bioinstrumentation; Sensors; Micro, Nano & Wearable Technologies
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology; Systems Biology; Modelling
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems Engineering
- Neural Engineering; Neuromuscular Systems; Rehabilitation Engineering
- Molecular & Cellular Biomechanics; Tissue Engineering; Biomaterials
- Bio-Robotics; Surgical Planning & Orthopaedic Biomechanics
- Therapeutic & Diagnostics Systems, Devices & Technologies
- Healthcare Information Systems; Telemedicine
- Technology Commercialization; Education, Industry and Society
Each day will feature guest speakers from academica and industry. The conference is an opportunity for students to present their work in a friendly and receptive atmoshpere, while also meeting a range of attendees across different fields and keeping up to date with current research in your field. There will be a prize offered for the best paper in both oral and poster presentations.
- Submission of abstract: 15th May 2015
- Notification of paper acceptance: 29th May 2015
- Final paper submission and registration: 1st July 2015
- Conference welcome reception: 14th July 2015, 7pm