2021 PES GM Student Programming
The 2021 IEEE PES General Meeting organizing committee and the Student Meeting Activities Subcommittee of IEEE PES Power and Energy Education Committee (PEEC) are happy to announce that there will be a Student Poster Session & Contest at the 2021 PES GM virtual conference July 25-29, 2021 .
Submissions of poster abstracts for inclusion in the Student Poster Session & Contest are accepted through the online portal:
- Submission Site
- The submission site will open on March 15th, 2021
- The deadline to submit poster abstracts for inclusion in the Student Poster Session & Contest is May 1, 2021 (5 PM ET)
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent out to students by May 15, 2021.
- Graduate and Undergraduate students are encouraged to submit abstracts pertaining to research and/or senior design projects.
- Students wishing to be considered for the student poster contest must submit a 1 page abstract in PDF format, written according to the IEEE PES template
- Because of these uncertain times, the requirement to be registered for the conference in order to submit an application to the student program is being waived. However, students will need to be registered for the 2021 PES GM in order to participate in the program.
- Faculty/supervisor recommendations are needed as part of the application process.
Scope of Subcommittee
the Power and Energy Student Activities (PESA) Subcommittee website.
The scope of the PESA Subcommittee within the Power and Energy Education
Committee (PEEC) of the IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) is to facilitate
and help in organizing the student activities programs with support
local committees for conferences such as the General Meeting and the T&D Conference and Exposition.
PESA Subcommittee is constantly looking for volunteers for poster
evaluations, poster set-up, and being part of the organizing committees
for both the IEEE PES General Meeting as well as Transmission and
Distribution Conferences. If you are interested in helping out,
please contact the PESA Chairperson (email).