Welcome to the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) Singapore Chapter. We had an interesting year in 2016, organizing many events including:
- One distinguished lecture supported by the CASS Distinguished Lecture Program
- Six technical talks
- One full-day workshop on "Line-Following Robot Arduino Workshop"
- One CASS member/family social event at Alive Museum
- One regional visit (Cheng Du, China) supported by IEEE CASS Region 10
This year, 2017, we will continue to organize valuable events, aiming to promote research, development, and social interaction to our CASS members and our future members. Particularly, our focus will be to promote our events to students and researchers in the local universities and research institutes (including NTU, NUS, SUTD, SIT, IME, I2R etc.), and to some extent to young poly and secondary school students. Some of the key events will be in pipeline in 2017 as follows.
- Distinguished lectures and technical talks
- One full-day workshop on "Internet-of-Things"
- One CAS member/family social event
Furthermore, we will be preparing to co-organize the IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing 2018, and will work closely with the IEEE Singapore Section and IEEE Region 10 to promote various events in Science and Engineering.
To date, we have about 200 members. Through various events, we hope to attract more young researchers and engineers to join our CASS chapter. We look forward to your continual support to our Chapter. Thank you.
Chong Kwen Siong
IEEE CAS Singapore Chapter