Welcome to the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) Singapore Chapter. We had done very well in the year of 2018, organizing many events including:
- One international conference - IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing, Nov., 2018, Shanghai, China
- Two (2) distinguished lectures
- Twenty-three (23) technical talks
- One (1) full-day Singapore workshop on Circuits and Systems (with the IEEE CASS Executive Committee (ExCom) Members)
- One (1) half-day workshop on Information Systems and Machine (between Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore and Yonsei University, South Korea)
- One (1) full-day graduate-students workshop themed as "Ardiuno Intelligent Pet"
- One (1) half-day social event for CASS-Singapore members
Besides, CASS-Singapore has also participated two (2) regional networking sessions, i.e. the South East Asia workshop on Circuits and Systems (SEACAS) and the visit to the University of Manila, Philippines. Further, CASS-Singapore has also co-sponsored five (5) local events, i.e. National University of Singapore (NUS) Graduate Student Symposium (GSS), NTU iNTUition, SG100 Nation Hackathon, Youth Technopreneurship Symposium, and EMERTECH 2018 (co-located with 9th International Workshop on Constructive Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Design).
As a result of our excellent work, we have recently received the “Chapter of the Year” Award during ISCAS 2019 in Sapporo, Japan. This year, 2019, we will continue to organize valuable events, aiming to promote research, development, and social interaction to our CASS members and our future members. Particularly, our focus will be to promote our events to research students in the local universities and recruit them as our new members if they are not so yet. Some of the key events to considered in 2019 are listed below.
- Two to three distinguished lectures and over ten technical talks
- One full-day workshop on machine learning and its applications
- One CAS member/family social event (tentatively, it will be “shootings”)
- Co-organize the IEEE International System-on-Chip Conference (SOCC) , September, 2019, Singapore
Through various events, we hope to attract more young researchers, engineers and research students to join our CASS chapter. We look forward to your continual support to our Chapter.
IEEE CAS Singapore Chapter