Frequently Asked Questions and General Reminders
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are the registration periods, and what is the cost associated with each one ?
Registration is split into three different segments: early registration, regular registration and late registration. The registration fee and timeline for each segment can be seen below:
If you are registering as a student branch counselor (1 per IEEE Student Branch), your registration cost is waived. Please note the above registration fees and timelines only apply to the first 10 students per student branch. If your student branch is bringing more than 10 students, each additional student will be charged a flat-rate registration fee of $60, and those students will be responsible for arranging hotel accommodations.
- Early Registration (Jan. 22nd - Feb 4th, 2018: $40.00
- Regular Registration (Feb. 5th - Feb. 25th, 2018): $50.00
- Late Registration (Feb. 26th - Mar. 11th, 2018): $60.00
- Who should attend the conference?
- This conference is for all students and IEEE student branch counselors in IEEE Region 2. All attendees must provide a national IEEE membership number during registration.
- How many students per school can attend?
- Up to 10 students from each school will pay a subsidized registration fee to attend (either $40, $50, or $60, depending on when the ticket is purchased). Each additional student after 10 students will pay a flat rate of $60 and will responsible for reserving a hotel at their own expense.
- Are graduate students welcome?
- Yes, graduate students are welcome! However, their participation in competitions might be limited. Please see "Competitions" section for more information
- What does the cost of registration include?
- If you are one of the 10 students from your student branch who registered at a subsidized cost, then the cost of registration includes Friday and Saturday night stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott (Pittsburgh University/Medical Center), 3 meals on Saturday, April 7th (including banquet dinner), breakfast on Sunday, and all competition fees.
If you are an additional attendee (more than 10 students from one branch), you will be required to pay a flat rate of $60, which will include the meals listed above and all competition fees. However, you WILL be responsible for arranging hotel accommodations at your own expense.
- Are there travel grants or scholarships available?
- At this time, we will not be providing travel grants or scholarships to attend the conference. Most schools able to procure funding from their school (academic department, school of engineering, or student government) or local IEEE Section.
- Is my registration refundable or tranferable?
- Registration transfer and refund requests will be accepted until the end of the last day of late registration (March 11th). After that day, we will not be issuing refunds or allowing registration transfer.
Only email requests will be honored. No telephone cancellations will be accepted.
- Will there be on-site registration?
- No, there will not be any on-site registration.
- I am a speaker at the conference. Do I still need to register?
- Yes, there will be customized questions for sponsors and other special guests on the registration site.
- When do I get my registration materials?
- You will receive your registration materials upon check-in at the Residence Inn. If you are not staying overnight in sponsored hotel, you may pick up your materials on Friday evening at the Residence Inn or on Saturday morning in David Lawrence Hall.
- What is the attire?
- As this is a professional conference and there will be many opportunities for networking, attire will be business casual during the day of Saturday, April 8th. Please no jeans, t-shirts, or sneakers. The banquet dinner on the night of Saturday, April 8th requires formal attire.
In Pittsburgh, the average temperature highs are in the 60s and the lows in the 30s during April. It may be a little rainy, or even snowy! Be sure to check the weather forecast before you depart.
- What kind of accessibility arrangements are available?
- We will do our best to provide support services upon request. Please request accessibility services or accommodations for people who experience disabilities at the time of registration and/or four weeks in advance to maximize our efforts. For questions, or to request accommodations, please contact the conference vice chair, Brian Randall, at email@example.com.