IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 47, No. 7 - August 2014
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- 2014 Star Search and Scholarship Awards
- WMFE Public Relations sound - Join/Renew IEEE or an IEEE Society
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - August 2014: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Membership Development Report - June 2014
- R3 Membership Development Report - June 2014
- IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter-Q2-2014
- IEEE Region 3 newsletter
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Events
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin - July 2014
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books’ Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Time: 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Social and Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Orlando Business Development Center, District 2 (affiliated with the UCF and the S.B.A.) at 3218 East Colonial Drive, Suite #G, Orlando, FL 32802
Directions: In Herndon Plaza just east of Maguire Blvd. This is the shopping center across Colonial Drive from Fashion Square. It is on the west end of the building, around the building at the Southwest corner from the HH Gregg entrance.
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Stanley Buchanan, stanbuchanan@IEEE.org, tel. 407-256-3329 - Cell
The IEEE Orlando Section congratulates our new Senior Members!:
- Samuel Sharpless
- Azadeh Vosoughi
The last A&A Review Panel meeting was held on 14 June in Providence, RI. The next Senior Member Review Panel Meeting will be held on 12 July in Minneapolis, MN.
For details on how to apply for IEEE Senior Member grade and view the 2014 review panel meeting dates, visit the IEEE Senior Member homepage. For Senior Member inquiries, contact: email@example.com
- Helpful Senior Member web links:
- Senior Member Update
- Senior Member Application
- Senior Member Reference Form
- Senior Member Nomination Event Guide
- Identify members you wish to recruit for senior membership elevation:
- Click on Access SAMIEEE (systems asks twice)
- Log in with IEEE username/password
- Click on catalog
- Double click on Shared Folder
- Click on SAMIEEE
- Click on Geographic Predefined Queries
- Click on (GEO) SM Upgrade - 1st Level Requirements
Volunteers with access to SAMIEEE can run a predefined query - Senior Member Upgrade - 1st Level Requirements.
The Valencia College Division of Engineering, Computer Programming, and Technology was recently informed that one of the teachers in the Laser/Photonics Academy at Wekiva High School, which is a partnership with Valencia College, is not returning this fall. These leaves the academy students at Wekiva without a teacher for two classes. I am committed to helping Wekiva to replace the teacher before the 2014-2015 school year begins for Orange County Public Schools. Here is some information about the Academy: https://www.ocps.net/lc/north/hwe/Documents/Laser%20Photonics%20Brochure.pdf
The teacher for these two classes must have a masters degree in electrical engineering, electronics, or photonics. If a candidate is a certified teacher, they will be eligible for the full-time position at Wekiva HS and will teach two additional classes in electronics. If not, they can still teach there as a Valencia Dual Enrollment instructor, at a pay scale that is higher than the Valencia adjunct rate, for the two needed photonics courses – see here: https://valenciacollege.edu/HR/documents/ValenciaCollegeSalarySchedule14-15.pdf (Page 5 shows dual enrollment salary in parentheses)
If you or someone that you know is interested in applying for this opportunity, the turn-around time will be fairly quick. Please let me know and I will facilitate the appropriate connections and process.
Please share this message with anyone you think might be qualified/interested.
Lisa Macon, Ph.D.
Division of Engineering, Computer Programming, & Technology
AAWCC Marketing Coordinator
IEEE Orlando Section.