TECHNICAL COMMITTEES (TCs)
Existing Committees and Contacts
The Technical Committees are open to those interested in the covered topics. For participation or other information, please contact the Chair of the committee. For other information please contact
|Telecom Safety (TSTC)||TSTC meets the second Wednesday of every month by teleconference. Contact Don Gies for details. Visit Technical Meeting Minutes page.|
|Information Technology (ITTC)||The scope of IT Technical Committee is all issues of product safety and regulatory compliance related to Audio/Video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment. ITTC meets on the third Monday of the month, teleconference is normal meeting method. For information about the ITTC contact Gary Schrempp.|
|Forensics and Failure Analysis (FFATC)||FFATC meets by teleconference last Wednesday of each month 11am Pacific Time.
Forensics and Failure Analysis Technical Committee Website
Forensics and Failure Analysis LinkedIn Group
|Risk Analysis (RATC)||open||Risk Analysis Technical Committee website
TECHNICAL LIAISONS (TLs)
The PSES desires to establish relationships with other organizations (both internal and external to the IEEE) involved in product safety and compliance, their technical committees, and their standards writing groups. All Technical Liaisons shall be approved by the PSES Board of Governors. Interim appointments may be made subject to Board approval.
Purpose of TLs
The purpose of each Technical Liaison shall be to represent and assist the PSES Board of Governors to manage the technical relationship of the Society with the reference organization; to identify and develop potential members from the organization; and to participate in, support, and report on activities in which the Society can give and/or receive technical benefit in product safety and compliance.
Activities of TLs
- IDENTIFY - identify the leadership or members of the organization and establish a communication link with them.
- EVALUATE - evaluate the need and opportunity for technical activities with the organization.
- DEVELOP - develop the technical material flow to and from thethe organization.
- PROMOTE - promote the growth and value of the PSES to the organization.
- REPORT - report back to the PSES on the activities of the organization.
Requirements to be a Technical Liaison
- Must be a member of PSES
- Must be a member of or a participant with the subject organization
- Must be approved by the PSES Board of Governors
Liaisons are desired for all of the following organizations. If you are interested in taking action please contact .
- iNarte (Liaison: Elya Joffe)
- CB Scheme (Liaison: Steli Loznen)
- Closely affiliated IEEE Societies
- EMCS, IAS, RS, etc.
- National Fire Protection Association - NFPA
- (both the main organization and with individual committees)
- American Society of Safety Engineers - ASSE
- System Safety Society - SSS
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers - ASME
- IEC (both the main organization and with individual committees)
- Each of the various Testing Agencies
- Underwriters Laboratories - UL
- TUV (each of them)
- Governmental Regulatory Bodies
- CPSC, OSHA, FDA, etc in the USA