Palazzo dei Priori

The Palazzo dei Priori (Priors’ Palace) was built firstly in 1293 and successively extended many times during the 14th and 15th centuries. The building facades are characterized by triple-windows and two Gothic portals: the first, over a staircase, is surmounted by the city’s symbols (griffin and lion); the second has, in its lunette, three statues representing the patron saints of Perugia. Currently, the Palazzo dei Priori is housing the City Administration and the National Gallery of Umbria.


Sala dei Notari

The Sala dei Notari (Notaries’ Hall), formerly the Town Council Hall, is located inside the Palazzo dei Priori, and is accessible from the staircase. The room is a large vaulted chamber. Its ceiling is supported by eight vast arches, and the interior is richly decorated with frescoes of late 1200 depicting biblical and allegorical scenes.


For more information please visit: