IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 51, No. 9 - October 2018
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Oct. 20th: IEEE Orlando Section Annual Awards Banquet - Citrus Club downtown Orlando
- Nov. 10th-11th: Maker Faire Orlando
- Nov. 20th: IEEE Orlando Section Joint Executive Board/ EP Technical Meeting at the Dr. Phillips House downtown [6:30 PM to 8:30 PM]
- December 18th: IEEE Orlando Excom, PACE, and TEM Meeting at the Citrus Club downtown [6:30 PM to 8:30 PM]
- IEEE Orlando Section Call for Nominations 2019
- Call for Orlando Section Volunteers for SoutheastCon 2022
- Call for Volunteers for Section Treasurer, Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- 2018 Annual Picnic Pictures from Wekiva Island
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - October 2018: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Region 3 Membership Report - August 2018
- IEEE Region 3 August SSC Forum Recap - Senior Membership
- Professional Activities (PACE) Report: August 2018
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 2018 IEEE-USA 1st Quarter Consultants Newsletter
Local Job Openings
- Security Design Leader - Justice Facilities
- Robotics Part Time Faculty Member Position Available at Valencia College
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
Topic: "Future Developments in Avionics and Software".
Guest Speaker: Our AES Related Technical Guest Speaker will be James Beahn from the Kennedy Space Center
Date: Saturday, October 20th, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Place: The Citrus Club, Temple Room, 255 S Orange Ave #1800, Orlando, FL 32801
IMPORTANT NOTE: Orange Avenue will be closed from Washington Street up to Jackson Street starting on Friday at 10am-5am on Sunday. Please take Anderson street exit from 1-4 or go through Thornton Park area to reach the club
Parking: The parking garage cost will be covered by the IEEE Orlando Section. Please bring the parking garage ticket to be validated at the Citrus Club.
Cost: It is a completely free event
RSVP: Deb Hall, email@example.com
WebEx Meeting Info: IEEE Orlando - EXCOM Meeting (Special Session)
Saturday, October 20, 2018
6:30 pm | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) | 2 hrs
Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number: 599 512 835
Meeting password: TWp5eP5P
Join from a video conferencing system or application
You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number.
To dial from an IEEE Video Conference System: *1 599 512 835
Join by phone
+1 210 606 9466 US Toll
+1 866 282 7366 US Toll Free
Access code: 599 512 835
Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Add this meeting to your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)
Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
Scott has been cordially invited to attend the award presentation ceremony at the 51st International Symposium on Microelectronics in Pasadena, California on Tuesday, October 9th during the President's Party from 6pm - 8pm in the Pasadena Convention Center.
firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability/preferences for the shift(s) or how you are able to help. Shift volunteers get exhibitor passes to the Maker Faire.
IEEE Professional Activities Maker Faire Orlando link: https://makerfaireorlando.com/exhibit/2018/ieee-professional-activities/
The IEEE Orlando Section Nominations Committee is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for positions on the 2019 Section Executive Committee during the annual election. Nominations are now being accepted for the positions of Section Chair, Section Vice Chair, Section Secretary, and Section Treasurer. The term of service is one year beginning on January 01, 2019 and ending on December 31, 2019. See the IEEE Bylaws and IEEE Orlando Section Operating Procedures for more information regarding candidate requirements and position descriptions. Interested individuals should e-mail the Nominations Committee to schedule an information session and interview. For additional information please e-mail Scott Clary at email@example.com.
The Orlando Section is looking to host the SoutheastCon 2022 in Orlando, FL in early 2022. Four years away but the planning needs to start now. Up first is the application to Region 3 where we need to identify Orlando section members to fulfill key roles in the event. Roles include Conference Treasurer and Publication Chair along with vice chairs for Conference Treasurer, Conference Information, Conference Publications, and Conference Technical Program. The planning committee is also being established. Please contact Varadraj Prabhu by May 10th if you are interested in supporting the SoutheastCon 2022 in Orlando, FL.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Section Treasurer, Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Deb Hall at, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session and interview.
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what's available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.