Chapter History & Facts
Year 1997 - this date was a beginnig of IEEE Poland Joint Chapter of Industrial Electronics and Powel Electronics Societies IE-013/PEL-035. The first chair of our chapter was prof. Marian Piotr Kaźmierkowski, whos lead it until 2007. The first office of the chapter has been placed in Institue of Control and Industial Electronics at Electrical Engineering Department of Warsaw University of Technology, and it is still there after 21 years.
Our chapter mission is advance the theory and practice of electrical, electronics and industrial engineering. It shall promote a high level of technical excellence among its members. The Chapter is promoting close cooperation and exchange of technical information among its members and affiliates, and to this end shall hold meetings for the presentation of papers, novel ideas and their discussion.
Our objectives are scientific, literary, and educational in character.
Field of Interest
Our research intrests are focues on studing, designing and implementation of new, inovative solutions related to:
- power electronics converter topologies,
- control algorithms for power electronics converters used in power and industrial electronics applications,
- smart grids,
- renewable energy sources,
- power electroncis for electric vehicles and drives,
- modulation technics,
- reliability, efficiency and functionality of power electronics converters.
- The chapter has 97 members, including 2 Fellow Members & 22 Senior Members
- 12 members of the chapter has status Student or Graduate Student
- Actual Chair of the Chapter is Sebastian Styński
- The Chapter oranize or support 5-6 events each year
- The Chapter received twice the award for the Most Active Chapter of IES
The Chapter office is placed in:
Institute of Control and Industrial Electronics
Department of Electrical Engineering
Warsaw University of Technology
ul. Koszykowa 75
00-62 Warsaw, Poland