Student Travel Support
The 2012 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS 2012) will have limited funds to support student travel. Students interested in obtaining travel support should apply as part of their abstract submission process. Please review the Criteria for Student Travel Support to ensure compliance. When submitting an abstract, please answer all questions and make appropriate selections regarding your student travel support request. If you are submitting more than one abstract, provide the information for each abstract. If your request is approved, the award will be available at the Symposium registration desk. The award amount for each student will depend upon available funds and student geographical location. Awards are made on a competitive basis. Award winners will be notified after the abstract selection process is completed in August 2012. Awardees will be notified via e-mail.
Please notice that the decisions on student travel support award are final. The awards are intended to partially defray the cost of the travel and are not intended to be sufficient to cover your entire travel expenses.
We look forward to your participation of the conference. See you in Dresden in October, 2012.
Criteria for Student Travel Support:
- Abstract must be accepted and the student must be the presenter. (Student Paper Competition Finalists may get a higher priority in getting the award given, all other conditions are the same)
- The student must be an IEEE as well as IEEE UFFC member (a valid IEEE membership # of the student should be provided during the abstract submission for verification). If you are not a member, please click the link, Join IEEE UFFC, to join the IEEE UFFC society.
- The student has not previously received a travel support from any of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposia. Any student who previously received travel award will not be considered. Correct information must be provided during abstract submission.
- Candidate must be a student at the time of the conference. A valid student ID is required.
- Only ONE student from each laboratory or advisor is supported.