PELS Competition for Best Chapters
Congratulations Taipei Chapter - winner of 2018 PELS Best Chapter Award
PELS Best Chapter Award - Established in: 2000
The Power Electronics Society Best Chapter Award was established in 2000 to recognise excellent service by a PELS Chapter – also joint with other societies – to its members and to the power electronics community.Prize items include 1500USD to support activities of the chapter, a certificate that contains the names of the Chapter Chair, Secretary and Treasurer and reimbursement for travel expenses up to 500 USD to attend the award ceremony upon request and free entrance to the award ceremony also when not registered for the conference. The award is usually presented at ECCE America every year during the awards ceremony.
Criteria are substantial chapter accomplishments in fields such as: local service to PELS members; chapter meetings with technical, educational or networking contents, including meetings with invited distinguished lecturers from PELS; offering networking opportunities between local industry and academia, between students, young and senior engineers; power electronics related contribution to IEEE activities, such as establishment and promotion of IEEE milestones; essential local support of international IEEE PELS power electronics conferences; visibility e. g. related to high numbers of members and participants in chapter meetings, gain of new PELS members, public relations including website and publications; networking with local societies with a similar scope.
Applications for the IEEE Power Electronics Society Best Chapter Award should be effectuated through the current Chapter Chair as follows: Please go to our IEEE Society Awards Application System. To identify, you will be asked in the beginning of this process to log in your existing IEEE account or to register for a new one. Subsequently you should choose the IEEE Power Electronics Society Best Chapter Award and enter the required data.Nominations received up to March 31st will be considered in the current year. If you have any questions please send them to PELS Awards Committee via email@example.com.
- 2018 Taipei Chapter
- 2017 PELS San Francisco Bay Area Council (SFBAC) - Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section Chapter
- 2016 Serbia and Montenegro Joint Chapter PELS/IES/IAS
- 2015 Pittsburgh Section, USA
- 2014 Fukuoka Section, Japan
- 2013 PELS-IES Delhi Chapter
- 2012 Argentina Section Joint ChapterIES/CS/RAS/IAS/PELS/VTS
- 2011 The Joint Delhi Section Chapter, PEL35/IE13
- 2010 PELS/PES Joint Student Chapter - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2009 The Denmark Chapter
- 2008 Germany Joint IAS/PELS/IES Chapter
- 2005 United Kingdom - Republic of Ireland PELS Chapter
- 2004 Brazil North-East, Bahia Section, Joint PELS/IAS/PES Chapter
- 2003 Hong Kong Joint PELS/PES/IES/IAS Chapter
- 2002 German Joint IAS/IES/PELS Chapter
- 2001 Russian Joint PELS/IES/PES Chapter
- 2000 Morelos Section PELS Chapter